Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business coach. Advertising and awarness

Options
  • 22-04-2013 5:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭

I am not to sure if I am in the right forum. Apologies in advance if I am.

I am looking to hire a business coach or similar person that will provide / advice on Advertising and awareness and marketing ect for a new company . Can anybody give a guideline on the cost of these services and pass on any recommendations. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Whereabouts in the world are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

Shield wrote: »
    Whereabouts in the world are you?

South Dublin. Why?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Sometimes well-meaning people post on here from Australia or the USA, and it doesn't help! It's also good for people who might know somebody in that area to give you that person's details. No use you living in Donegal and someone knows a kick ass business coach in Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

QBE wrote: »
    I am not to sure if I am in the right forum. Apologies in advance if I am.

I am looking to hire a business coach or similar person that will provide / advice on Advertising and awareness and marketing ect for a new company . Can anybody give a guideline on the cost of these services and pass on any recommendations. Thanks.

You should contact Your local Enterprise Board. They might be able to assign you a mentor with Marketing experience seeing as you are a new company. Price is approx €50 for 6x1 hour mentoring sessions. Can't beat that.

Swampy wrote: »
    You should contact Your local Enterprise Board. They might be able to assign you a mentor with Marketing experience seeing as you are a new company. Price is approx €50 for 6x1 hour mentoring sessions. Can't beat that.

Thanks .
    Apologies. I deleted my response. I just remembered. The Mrs has a meeting set up for myself to meet with them.

But thanks for the advice in relation to the price.

• Advertisement

Swampy wrote: »
    I'm around long enough to say this without people thinking I'm a shill, but that is a very good price for a good business coach who can take you through everything from making contact with the person through to contract negotiation.

I'll never forget a Dragon's Den where a lady was selling large flower plant things, and she couldn't get the name or any time with THE person who would be the buyer. She got hauled over the coals for not doing the simplest thing, and that was to arrive at the company's HQ with one of these 6 foot plants (which were quite easy on the eye, and made a difference to your average dreary reception/waiting area), and leave it in reception along with her business card. Eventually, THE person, the buyer, would see it, and not only that, but because they are so nice, people would take care of it, and water it, and prune it, etc.

Just out of interest, what kind of business are you setting up? You don't have to answer it. I'm just curious!

I'm around long enough to say this without people thinking I'm a shill, but that is a very good price for a good business coach who can take you through everything from making contact with the person through to contract negotiation.

I'll never forget a Dragon's Den where a lady was selling large flower plant things, and she couldn't get the name or any time with THE person who would be the buyer. She got hauled over the coals for not doing the simplest thing, and that was to arrive at the company's HQ with one of these 6 foot plants (which were quite easy on the eye, and made a difference to your average dreary reception/waiting area), and leave it in reception along with her business card. Eventually, THE person, the buyer, would see it, and not only that, but because they are so nice, people would take care of it, and water it, and prune it, etc.

Just out of interest, what kind of business are you setting up? You don't have to answer it. I'm just curious!

I totally agree with you in relation to the business coach. My Mrs is an accountant and her advice to myself was to invest wisely in a good business coach. I suppose like anything in life in you only get , what you pay for.

It is the gas, electrical and renewable energy I will be entering. Electrical and Mechanical services. Based mainly around the government grant schemes. I have left a job of stability with with a 60k + salary a year. So I don't want to mess up by penny pinching or employing the wrong people.

Just so you know, we do have an Environmental Science forum here which is quite close to what you are looking to get into. It might be worth your while dropping your nose in there every once in a while.

We also have a Sustainability & Environmental Issues forum here and I reckon you could do a lot worse than to familiarise yourself with both of these, as they may have threads or articles in there that could be of interest.

If you like the look of any forum you see, just click on the "Follow Forum" button out in the main forum, and it will appear in your "My Forums" up the top where all the blue words are. Give it a go and you might even be impressed!

Just so you know, we do have an Environmental Science forum here which is quite close to what you are looking to get into. It might be worth your while dropping your nose in there every once in a while.

We also have a Sustainability & Environmental Issues forum here and I reckon you could do a lot worse than to familiarise yourself with both of these, as they may have threads or articles in there that could be of interest.

If you like the look of any forum you see, just click on the "Follow Forum" button out in the main forum, and it will appear in your "My Forums" up the top where all the blue words are. Give it a go and you might even be impressed!
    That's great advice. Much appreciated.
    If anybody on this forum can advice in relation to internet marketing and website updating & optimisation as well or can recommend anybody. I would really be grateful. Any bits of advice at all business oriented for a set up.
    Thanks again.

Hi QBE.

I'm sending you a PM now.

Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Try http://www.actioncoachireland.com/ headed by Brad Sugars..... Talks a lot of sense.....

Advertisement