Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Rollout to Dundrum, Co.Tipperary area

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I got a call from Eircom the other day saying that they would be rolling out fibre next month to my area but couldnt really give me specifics.

I have a few questions on this:

1.I am assuming that new fibre cabling will be run along the roadside ?
    2.Is fibre going to be run to fibre cabinets at different locations which connect to the dundrum exchange and from there, is it still going to be copper to the houses or fibre as well ?.
    3.i live in the village of Knockavilla, which is about 1.2 miles or less from the Dundrum exchange so will we be getting fibre run to our village too ?. and if so, how will it be run to the village.
    4.Copper is old and i hope with the fibre rollout that eircom get rid of copper cabling as it hinders broadband speed.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

thehorse wrote: »
    Hey lads,

I got a call from Eircom the other day saying that they would be rolling out fibre next month to my area but couldnt really give me specifics.

I have a few questions on this:

1.I am assuming that new fibre cabling will be run along the roadside ?
    2.Is fibre going to be run to fibre cabinets at different locations which connect to the dundrum exchange and from there, is it still going to be copper to the houses or fibre as well ?.
    3.i live in the village of Knockavilla, which is about 1.2 miles or less from the Dundrum exchange so will we be getting fibre run to our village too ?. and if so, how will it be run to the village.
    4.Copper is old and i hope with the fibre rollout that eircom get rid of copper cabling as it hinders broadband speed.

Thanks!
    Hi thehorse

Thanks for your interest,

We are unable to provide much information on fibre broadband until muchclose to the launch date (hopefully 20th of May)

I can confirm that fibre broadband will be served over a fibre optic lineand not a copper one and plans for the rollout of fibre can be found through this link: http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Unfortunately there are no scheduled plans to bring fibre broadband toKnockavilla however if you would like to PM me your address or landline number I can look into whether your line may be served by the Dundrum exchange or not.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

Hi thehorse

Thanks for your interest,

We are unable to provide much information on fibre broadband until muchclose to the launch date (hopefully 20th of May)

I can confirm that fibre broadband will be served over a fibre optic lineand not a copper one and plans for the rollout of fibre can be found through this link: http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Unfortunately there are no scheduled plans to bring fibre broadband toKnockavilla however if you would like to PM me your address or landline number I can look into whether your line may be served by the Dundrum exchange or not.

Regards

Al
    Hi Alan,

Will it be fibre to the house or fibre to a local cabinet ?.

Hi Alan,

Will it be fibre to the house or fibre to a local cabinet ?.

Hi thehorse

Thank you for your PM

I'm very sorry to confrm that there are no plans in place to bring fibre broadband to Dundrum Co Tipperary.

Efibre will mostly be fibre to cabinet with a small percentage of fibre to home (unfortunately I will not have any info on which areas will have fibre to home until launch of services).

There are pland for the lauch of fibre towards the end of may and I apologise for any possible mixup or this information or equally any mis-information given to you had got a call from eircom.

A full and detailed list of areas that will be upgraded to fibre broadband can be found here:

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Regards

Al

Hi thehorse

Thank you for your PM

I'm very sorry to confrm that there are no plans in place to bring fibre broadband to Dundrum Co Tipperary.

Efibre will mostly be fibre to cabinet with a small percentage of fibre to home (unfortunately I will not have any info on which areas will have fibre to home until launch of services).

There are pland for the lauch of fibre towards the end of may and I apologise for any possible mixup or this information or equally any mis-information given to you had got a call from eircom.

A full and detailed list of areas that will be upgraded to fibre broadband can be found here:

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Regards

Al
    Hi Alan,

I'm not surprised to hear this. Its amazing that eircom staff are telling 'lies' on the phone to people. They were trying to get me to sign up to an 18 month contract. When i was hesistant, they then mentioned that fibre was coming in may/june and it was definite.

in my opinion, staff who do this and knowingly provide false information to customers should be fired.

Hi Alan,

I'm not surprised to hear this. Its amazing that eircom staff are telling 'lies' on the phone to people. They were trying to get me to sign up to an 18 month contract. When i was hesistant, they then mentioned that fibre was coming in may/june and it was definite.

in my opinion, staff who do this and knowingly provide false information to customers should be fired.
    Hi thehorse

I understand your opinion on this and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you ever have any queries please get in touch with me here and I'll do my best to help.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

Hi thehorse

I understand your opinion on this and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you ever have any queries please get in touch with me here and I'll do my best to help.

Regards

Al
    thanks Alan,

i am assuming Dundrum will be a later phase then so.

thanks Alan,

i am assuming Dundrum will be a later phase then so.

Hi thehorse

Unfortunately at this moment in time thereare no further plans from what is detailed in the link I provided however hopefully Dundrum will be added in the future. Best advice I can offer is to check back with me towards the end of this year.

Regards

Al

Advertisement