Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scooter mpg?

• 22-04-2013 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I am toying with the idea of getting a scooter for college, I'm 35. There is a good chance I'll be going to a city centre college in Sept.
    What would be a good starter bike?
    So far I've looked at a Yamaha Majesty scooter. I wondered what mpg they'd do?
    I've no licence or anything yet, just a car licence, any advice tips etc? I live in Tallaght village, so it wouldn't be a long distance to town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

probably 100mpg + on a 50cc, hoopefully you have a moped ticked on your B liscnece if not you'l need several handred Euros to get a liscence and mandatory training now bofre you allowed out terrorise the world on your scoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

the majesty's are big ones though right? 125cc+ (think theres even a 400cc one..)

so beyond the realms of the M license anyway, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Miscreant

abceire wrote: »
    I am toying with the idea of getting a scooter for college, I'm 35. There is a good chance I'll be going to a city centre college in Sept.
    What would be a good starter bike?
    So far I've looked at a Yamaha Majesty scooter. I wondered what mpg they'd do?
    I've no licence or anything yet, just a car licence, any advice tips etc? I live in Tallaght village, so it wouldn't be a long distance to town.

I'm running a 125 Suzuki Burgman and regularly get into the high 70s early 80s mpg wise through town. I live in Tallaght and head in to Ballsbridge every day.
    If you are only starting out though a 50cc might be better, otherwise you will have to spend a fortune on IBT for a 125cc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

I checked my car licence, I don't have scooter licence, I'm 35, full car licence with no claims bonus,
    What do I need to do to get a scooter licence, is there a way of doing a course to bring down insurance?
    What kinda insurance are people paying?

Advertisement