Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NON magnetic tank bag options

• 22-04-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Has anyone any recommendations for NON metallic tank bags?

I have a BMW F650 ST which has a plastic tank surround and I don't want something that's going to be a pain in the ar** just to take on and off. It seems though I don't have too many options with the plastic tank though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have a look at this stuff here

Or the Givi version here. Look at this one first for a video on the system

Basically, you add a fitting to your petrol cap that is used to hold the tank bag in place. Then the bag clips into this and has a quick release system on it.

Other option would be bungee cords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have a Givi tank bag that has both magnets and straps and it brilliant I never go anywhere with out it. I have a tank harness that the bag clips onto and off in secs.

Its similar to the link below.

http://www.givi.co.uk/soft-luggages/Tank-bags/XS304

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Givi don't do a tank ring for the ST. I'll have to have a look at the SW-Mothech sfuff, hadn't seen that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Bagster tank protector & bag? pricy though I'd say..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Held do a Velcro version, you attach the velcro under the seat and there is a strap on the front to tension the lot.

• Advertisement

Givi don't do a tank ring for the ST. I'll have to have a look at the SW-Mothech sfuff, hadn't seen that before.

Mine is not attached to the bike via a tank ring....it has 4 standard clips. You have the option of either magnetic or the Givi Xpress System. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I had a suction cup tank bag. It took a little longer to attach, but there was no danger of scratching the tank.

The Givi option is top class....its like a large tank vest you strap over and then under the tank once.....which has a large cut out around the fuel cap. Then you clip the bag on and off or just the top two clips when refuelling. Easy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Take the tank cover off and glue magnets to it lined up with the tankbag magnets ;)

Went with a 5-9 litre SW-Motech Bagster Day Pack, tank ring and map pocket in the end. Got it through Maddocks in Bray for €143.

Just clips on and off to tank ring.

p1070214r.jpg
    p1070277d.jpg
    p1070223w.jpg
    p1070281e.jpg
    p1070284g.jpg
    p1070285i.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Looks well! Glad you got it sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Went with a 5-9 litre SW-Motech Bagster Day Pack, tank ring and map pocket in the end. Got it through Maddocks in Bray for €143.

Just clips on and off to tank ring.

p1070223w.jpg
    ]

That map pocket looks like it wasn't designed for the bag. The rest looks class

Good job......looks a tad on the small size, but its nicely made and looks good.

Del2005 wrote: »
    That map pocket looks like it wasn't designed for the bag. The rest looks class

It's not really, although it does clip on the bag at the front and velcro at the back so it can be lifted to get into the bag without having to remove it completely. I'm yet to see how it reacts to a bit of wind on the move.

Advertisement