Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention - no video input. Help Please!

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Can someone help me with this...

Booted up PC this morning, worked away, listening to internet radio. Walked away, screen went into powersave mode (which is blank on my pc)

Wouldn't come back on when I returned. Stayed blank, music still audible through external speakers, mouse still moving and pointing around the black screen.
    I have switched it on and off again (genius) no good. When I press the little crescent moon key it whirrs into action and on the screen it says Attention - no video input.
    I've checked all cables are tight.

What can I do? No answer too patronising!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Did you try a different cable from PC to monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Boot into safemode and check Device manager for Driver issues

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

press f8 key every 2 seconds down,reboot, After 10 seconds safe mode menu appears, select ,vga mode,or
    lo res mode, pc should load ,using generic video driver built into windows os.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I get this sometimes with my Acer LCD, it's annoying, if you're on a DVI cable, try switch to VGA or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

looks like you need to update your graphics card drivers... they are having issues with sleep mode.

this often happens with poorly written graphics drivers

• Advertisement
Advertisement