Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Advice

• 22-04-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I have a website online for my small business but it's not doing very well in search results. I've been told by the website designer to do backlinks and Google Places, I've set up all those things and haven't seen my site move up. Only a couple keywords I use show up in the results, but not all of them. What can I do to get further up in the results?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

again - it's how long is a piece of string. It would be better to provide a URL so you can get some direct feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mirandapanda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Biggest issue is lack of content.

There are lots of other issues like   in titles aswell as poorly though out title tags.

Page names are not great either.

No h1 tags

Poor Image names

Poor Alt tags on images

No internal links.

Your services I assume are your keywords (aswell as the keywords in the bottom right hand corner).

Why not have a page for each service (especially Piano tuning), write up some content about how often the services should be carried out, the benefits of them being carried out etc. (Audio clips of tuned / untuned piano for example would add to user experience).

Bottom line is the designer din't pay too much attention to SEO techniques but the lack of content really needs to be addressed.

The design of the site is very hard to read also, white text on a dark background is not ideal but on a semi transparent background can provide problems for people with poor eyesight.

Ok- its only three pages – so you are limited in the scope.
    The advice I can give you is limited by the number of pages/ scope of the site.
    Sales Page: change that page title to Piano Sales (Piano Sales Dublin) and get some test on that page (and some text in the alts with the pictures).
    Service page – again change that to Piano Services (Piano Services Dublin)
    In your footer you have a load of keywords – (piano tuning, piano tuning dublin, piano tuner, etc) t looks like a practice of keyword stuffing which is frowned upon. Again, get some copy on your pages and try and expand your site a little.
    A few h1,h2 might help
    Links back cant hinder the site

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mirandapanda

Thanks for the help guys. When I look at other tuners' sites though they are hardly anything special, usually just a couple pages with their hours, etc., and yet they come up first on Google...? How do they do it??

• Advertisement

age or their site, they might (do in some cases) have more copy - small bits like that.

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

As others have said first things first and that's correct all of the HTML.

Add more pages with RELEVANT NAMES & CONTENT
    One H1 tag per page...
    Image names - don't use generic names like "piano1"
    ALT tags - and they need a meaningful description so maybe "Beautiful 1987 classic grand white piano" not "piano1"

Have contact info (phone & email) clearly visible on all pages(doesn't help SEO but its a must for sites of a consumer nature)

Increase your back links. So basically if you know any other good music sites/blogs or things of that nature who might put a link to your site somewhere on theres. Dont let crappy sites link to you...make sure there music/instrument related.

Advertisement