Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Store Day 2013 - anyone pick up anything?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

So, Saturday was Record Store Day for 2013, just wondering if anyone picked up anything interesting?

I picked up Anthems by Anthrax on 10" white vinyl and a pink vinyl 7" re-issue of See Emily Play (Floyd's first single), along with a couple of other less metal releases.

I was wondering were some of the shops indulging in gouging, though. I heard from a friend that he had picked up the Steven Wilson 12" picture disc for €13 in Kilkenny, yet I saw it in Dublin for €30 (and couldn't justify paying that price for it)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Technically not rock or metal but I picked up the beautiful 'Lily of the Valley' from Funeral Suits and the Frightened Rabbit/Grouplove/Manchester Orchestra Collab.

There was LOADS that caught my attention but, sadly, being broke I couldn't get all of them and those two were my essentials.

The atmosphere was amazing though and delighted the weather held. Brought some chocolate cake and had a vinyl picnic after the morning rush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I didn't even know about this? :confused: Maybe next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, why wasn't this advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Got UFO 'Live 'n' ready' 4 track. For those who missed it there are still some releases for sale in the indie shops.

Did anyone see the Rory Gallagher 'Continental Op' release anywhere? Would love to get a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

blastman wrote: »
    the Steven Wilson 12" picture disc for €13

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, why wasn't this advertised?

It doesn't really have any print presence, it's not an organisation that distributes posters or media packs to the participating stores so it would have been all online.

I was following Tower on twitter and @RSDUK and there was huge buzz. I know they posted loads on facebook as well. Paul McLoone and Phantom were doing some promo work on it too.

It's kind of one of those things where you need to be keyed into the 'scene' and be paying attention to the shops - which has it's pros and cons but it may all change in the future; it's still a very new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Advertisement