Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LittleWoods

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:19am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Hi,Just wondering how Littlewoods works?I signed up given 400 credit ordered a few things over a day or two now its saying credit rejected? got an email saying make a payment of 32 euro and order again? how does this work? is that a payment of 32 euro on each item or just on payment of 32euro on the total amount of 250 I spent.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

SRFC wrote: »
    Hi,Just wondering how Littlewoods works?I signed up given 400 credit ordered a few things over a day or two now its saying credit rejected? got an email saying make a payment of 32 euro and order again? how does this work? is that a payment of 32 euro on each item or just on payment of 32euro on the total amount of 250 I spent.

Cheers.

You have to make an initial payment on your first order now, so they can be sure that you are not just ordering a bunch of stuff that you have no intention of paying for. The initial payment depends on the item ordered - It's €60 for the full €400. If you make the payment, wait until it clears, and then replace the order (or make the payment over the phone and ask them to replace the order) it will go through. To the best of my knowledge, they don't look for this for subsequent orders once they see you are paying your monthly bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adiki

Hi I subscribe on 17 they game me 400 , I did add myself 30 euro
    then ordered stuf for 200€ , it went through they even wanted to reimburse my 30€ I said no I don't like debts lool . I think they wanna see you are not a fake

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Madias

Littlewoods are <SNIP> and I have sent them an e-mail explaining to them exactly why,

I purchased gifts like ye all on a credit order for like €300 where you pay it off by a monthly recommendation they advise you in a statement.

In January I began paying this off month by month via An Post, the money showed on my online littlewoods account but was not being updated to my overall credit order of €300, so they began adding interest when I had paid the required amount!!!
    I did not realise this for a while but eventually was wondering how my account got from €300 to €350 so I checked it and was nice enough to e-mail them an enquiry as to why this was happening.

To , perse, add fuel to the fire, they recently accused me of not making any/ enough monthly payments and then cut my credit limit to €160 where it used to be €400.

My only action, as an educated citizen of Ireland is to take to the social media and in voicing my concern over dealing with <SNIP> and hopefully help others from being so disappointed and quiet frankly, <SNIP>. I advise all of you on this social media site to do the same.

Of course there are other options I am looing into for example the Ombudsman who is a neutral sector of the shopping world and legal teams are on hand to just give advice, for payment via local lawyer/ solicitor or free via the Legal Advice Bureau.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

got the stuff and didnt pay moved address thanks for the stuff littlewoods :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Madias wrote: »
    Littlewoods are <SNIP> and I have sent them an e-mail explaining to them exactly why,

I purchased gifts like ye all on a credit order for like €300 where you pay it off by a monthly recommendation they advise you in a statement.

In January I began paying this off month by month via An Post, the money showed on my online littlewoods account but was not being updated to my overall credit order of €300, so they began adding interest when I had paid the required amount!!!
    I did not realise this for a while but eventually was wondering how my account got from €300 to €350 so I checked it and was nice enough to e-mail them an enquiry as to why this was happening.

To , perse, add fuel to the fire, they recently accused me of not making any/ enough monthly payments and then cut my credit limit to €160 where it used to be €400.

My only action, as an educated citizen of Ireland is to take to the social media and in voicing my concern over dealing with <SNIP> and hopefully help others from being so disappointed and quiet frankly, <SNIP>. I advise all of you on this social media site to do the same.

Of course there are other options I am looing into for example the Ombudsman who is a neutral sector of the shopping world and legal teams are on hand to just give advice, for payment via local lawyer/ solicitor or free via the Legal Advice Bureau.

By paying the "required amount" you were only making a minimum payment, effectively on a loan, much like if you pay the minimum on a credit card balance.
    They don't give interest free credit in fact it's almost 40%!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/spread-the-cost

You should pay the amount in full each time, even if you need to borrow the money from elsewhere, unless you get it from a loan shark (or one of those payday lenders) the interest is going to be much lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@SRFC - Boards does not condone theft.

@Madias - Can you tell us what response Littlewoods gave to your email? (Personally, I wouldn't have used email, I would have either rang directly, or written a registered letter. Emails are not a great way of communicating issues).

By paying the "required amount" you were only making a minimum payment, effectively on a loan, much like if you pay the minimum on a credit card balance.
    They don't give interest free credit in fact it's almost 40%!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/spread-the-cost

You should pay the amount in full each time, even if you need to borrow the money from elsewhere, unless you get it from a loan shark (or one of those payday lenders) the interest is going to be much lower.

I feel as though you have misinterpreted the issue, please read my post once again. I paid more than the "required amount" on numerous occasions, in accordance with the consumer retailer contract all I was required to do was pay this "required amount", the issue is that they were NOT updating my "loan" / "loan balance" and further charged me further "interest" on top of my "loan" thereafter.

For your information I have paid the "loan" off in full months ago. I strongly would not condone the recommendation of "loan sharks" to anyone as they are found illegal under the Irish Constitution and as such are not protected by Law. Hence the person has the possibility of suffering from the multitude of problems that accompany such groups.

dudara wrote: »
    @SRFC - Boards does not condone theft.

@Madias - Can you tell us what response Littlewoods gave to your email? (Personally, I wouldn't have used email, I would have either rang directly, or written a registered letter. Emails are not a great way of communicating issues).

Thank you Dudara, I have received an e-mail from them just this morning and I have quoted them below:

" Dear Ms <SNIP>,

Please contact us at your earliest convenience on 08448 111 218 to discuss your account.
    We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind Regards

<SNIP>

Online Customer Services "

I was as first slightly disappointed with the lack of communication but I am certainly going to ring the number and speak with them. Over the past several years I have read multipule posts/complaints about Littlewoods but still maintained my consumer contract with them and purchased several items of clothing for myself and for my family. Now having been mistreated and know the mistreated I feel as though I represent these little voices on the internet and must speak out for them aswell and let the management at Littlewoods know how negatively it is affecting people.

I will let you know how it all goes :)

Madias wrote: »
    I feel as though you have misinterpreted the issue, please read my post once again. I paid more than the "required amount" on numerous occasions, in accordance with the consumer retailer contract all I was required to do was pay this "required amount", the issue is that they were NOT updating my "loan" / "loan balance" and further charged me further "interest" on top of my "loan" thereafter.

For your information I have paid the "loan" off in full months ago. I strongly would not condone the recommendation of "loan sharks" to anyone as they are found illegal under the Irish Constitution and as such are not protected by Law. Hence the person has the possibility of suffering from the multitude of problems that accompany such groups.

I didn't condone the use of loan sharks, I simply stated that only loan sharks are more expensive. Get a credit union loan or even use a credit card ( credit union is just under 13% APR, credit card ~30% APR, Littlewoods 39.9% APR)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

got the stuff and didnt pay moved address thanks for the stuff littlewoods :pac:

I really hope you're joking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

kc90 wrote: »
    I really hope you're joking.

No im sure not why :cool:

No im sure not why :cool:

Anyone else who uses Littlewoods is paying for your theft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

kc90 wrote: »
    Anyone else who uses Littlewoods is paying for your theft.

What a load of rubbish !

I bet most people don't know that littlewoods are a licenced high interest money lender, they are one of the countries 40 licenced money lenders along with the likes of provident .

July Rain wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish !

And just where else do you think Littlewoods will get their profits?

They will aim to make a certain level of profit each year, and those losses in addition to other bad debts is probably the reason why the APR is so high!

And just where else do you think Littlewoods will get their profits?

They will aim to make a certain level of profit each year, and those losses in addition to other bad debts is probably the reason why the APR is so high!

Their Apr is so high, because like all money lenders they give high risk people credit who can't get credit elsewhere.

Their Apr is so high, because like all money lenders they give high risk people credit who can't get credit elsewhere.

Yes high risk people who often default! So the APR is set high enough to recoup those losses from the others who don't default.

What a load of rubbish !

Do you care to elaborate? Losses are built into product price. Are you a thief also?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please stick to the original topic. No more discussion on the theft issue or APR & money lenders.

dudara

I just got some hate mail, what do ye think of this:

Littlewoods

<SNIP>Please do not post the contents of PMs without the permission of the other party. If you have an issue with PMs, please contact a moderator.

• Advertisement
Advertisement