Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate Username

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

just discovered that I had previously registered with boards.ie (as shanew147) and used my primary Gmail email address, but for some reason never used this.

I wanted to use my gmail account for shanew id as the mail checking is faster, so changed the email on the old account to an alternate eircom address and tried to use my gmail address on my main shanew id, but seems a record of the previous email address is still checked, so cannot set this.

not sure if this is possible.. but if there's any way to completely kill the old shanew147 id, so that I can use the gmail address with shanew ?

thank you,

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, not simply. Even if you close the account, a hash of the old email address is stil stored to prevent re-use. You could switch the old account to a third address and then switch it to the other account.

Or you could email the staff at hello at boards.ie and ask them to swap them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Spear wrote: »
    No, not simply. Even if you close the account, a hash of the old email address is stil stored to prevent re-use. You could switch the old account to a third address and then switch it to the other account.

Or you could email the staff at hello at boards.ie and ask them to swap them.

thanks - I'll try the swap option, and see if that can be done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement