Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year in business: end of year accounts?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

We started in business at start of May 2012. I presumed we'd be compiling our first set of accounts for the end of April. The accountant, who I've been paying monthly by direct debit since opening, is saying they're due in September 2013.

Can this be right? I was considering changing accountant as service has not been as great as promised... by September2013 they'll have had 16mths of payments, is it just a way of keeping me on board? I'm very wary of getting on the wrong side of revenue/cro.

Thanks for all advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

If he wants to make the year end of the company correspond with the tax year 31 December and have the maximumum possible time to file accounts in the CRO and with revenue then September is when everything will be filed.

But if you dont trust your accountant, dont feel you can call them and instead prefer to post on an online forum to get an answer to a rather simple question then perhaps you do need a new accountant.

Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bumpitybump

Thanks dbran.

Advertisement