Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HONDA 50

• 22-04-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

just about to buy a old honda 50 [rebuild] but it has no log book and i dont know who taxed or owned it last my question is, it has a reg number can i find out from this who owned -taxed it last and where do i find out or any other help would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ring Shannon motor vehicle licensing and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pason

love to but have you ever tried to get through to them but thanks for answering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

personally wouldnt go near a bike that didnt have an accompaning logbook. Can the lad selling it not get a new log book sorted? How do you know its not stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pason

Wossack wrote: »
    personally wouldnt go near a bike that didnt have an accompaning logbook. Can the lad selling it not get a new log book sorted? How do you know its not stolen?
    that what i trying to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Noodle Scratcher

Hi, having done this recently myself, just go into your local motor tax office with the reg and any other details you can get off the bike, like the engine and chassis numbers, and they will send you a form to get a new logbook.
    Unfortunately, you will need to get it stamped by the Guards, a solictior, and main dealer (I went a local Honda car dealer, they wanted to see the bike in the flesh though). All of this is a right pain, but it's what you gotta do to get it taxed.

Just a couple of tips for restoring if it's your first time. Buying new parts really adds up and you can spend a fortune. Try and reuse as much of the original parts as you can (a steel wire brush that fits onto a cordless drill is great for dull or rusty parts) also, don't throw anything away, someone might want it, even if it looks crappy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement