Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the market like for renting in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm sure this comes up a lot so feel free to move to an appropriate thread if one exists.

I'm currently renting in Dublin on a 6 month lease, which is up in July. Luckily though, my employer is footing the bill so I've had no dealings as far as looking for an apartment, negotiating rent, dealing with estate agents etc. goes.

I'm hoping to remain in Dublin after July, and was browsing apartments on the usual sites (off topic, but some of the shíte being advertised as a studio apartment is laughable here!).

My budget would stretch to around €1k a month max. Just wondering, what's the market like as far as seeing an asking price of say €1,100 - €1,200 a month, and being able to negotiate down? Is €1k too far off the mark from those asking prices? (I would have - I hope - very good references/recommendations from my previous landlord and work).

Apologies for how noob-ish this question is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Tbh in D6 I think you will be paying the asking price or a touch more to get a place.

Out in the suburbs you might still be able to get a €50 reduction but €200 you can forget about anywhere in the Dublin area these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Right now demand is strong and good quality supply is tight.
    If you want to save money, you'll have to compromise on quality or location.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You'll get a one bedroom apartment in a decent area for below €1,000. Anything more than that and you'll be struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Cheers for the replies. Had a feeling I was looking for a bit much.

Tbh, I'm not bothered about saving loads. The €1100/€1200 price range was a couple of places in particular I was looking at in the same apartment complex I'm in at the moment. Would be ideal as I love the area I'm in now. I'm sure I'll find something, or cough up the extra few quid to get a place I'm happy with. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement