Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add an extra working bell box to Intruder Alarm

Options
  • 22-04-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Can anyone tell me how to add an extra working bell box to my alarm system. I have a cable laid in from the attic to the front of the house, can I splice into the existing bell box cable to make the connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

tt100 wrote: »
    Hi Can anyone tell me how to add an extra working bell box to my alarm system. I have a cable laid in from the attic to the front of the house, can I splice into the existing bell box cable to make the connection?

What type system are you looking to add the bell too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tt100

altor wrote: »
    What type system are you looking to add the bell too?

HKC SW812 - Wired with 2 x PIR's Window contacts and exit/entry door contacts

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any global SAB will work. You parallel in the Bell and Strobe +, the Bell and Strobe - and wire in series the TR from the first bell into the second and put the resistor in series between the second tamper return and the panel.

Advertisement