Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard bar for a 4 ft rack

• 22-04-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭

Hi - I thought this would be an easy find but I am struggling to locate a bar that will accept 1 inch plates and fit a 4 foot rack. The lads in irish lifting don't seem to have one. Does anyone know where I can pick one up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

As in a standard 5 foot bar ?

Argos etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

A 5 foot bar has the collar/sleeve at about 3 foot apart, which would be inside the 4 foot rack. I need a bar with the collars about 4 foot apart.

Sorry, maybe a 6 foot bar? or if you have the room a seven foot bar?

These are based in Wexford.

http://www.profitness-supplies.com/weights/barbells.html

Thanks googled eyes, these guys have something that will suit me.

Great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have a 6ft solid standard bar with spinlocks, got it in star fitness in bray.

I would actually like it to be shorter, if you have a 5ft solid one (typical with the cast iron argos york set, many vinyl kits have hollow bars) I would gladly swop it with you. I am in south dublin.

6ft may not be enough though.

Edit: I see from other posts you might be in Mayo, so not really a goer

I only have a cheap hollow bar rubadub, sorry.

The 7 foot collar straight bars from irish lifting will do me it seems after speaking to Mick (I must have picked him up wrong before about the 7' but the 6' bars definitely will not fit), so I'm going to get that one over the 6'8" bar on profitness for ease of use. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement