Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock A Bill Pay Phone

Options
  • 22-04-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I was wondering is it possible to unlock a bill pay phone to use abroad..?? Im thinking of getting an iPhone on bill pay but I going to America for 2 months.. Will I be able to use it over there..?? Il be getting it on vodafone and Il stay with vodafone when I come back.. Iv been with them forever.. Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

call vodafone and pay the unlock fee should work, if you want to use a local simcard. But your irish number will work there anyway if you can pay the $$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Doubt they will unlock it for you straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hurling01

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO UNLOCK A PREPAY/BILL PAY PHONE SEE BELOW.

As long as vodafone have your unlocking code on there system (95% of the time they do i was told) here's what you can do...... (MUST USE A BILL PAY PHONE IN ORDER TO UNLOCK PREPAY/BILL PAY PHONE) Type your IMEI number in to your phone like you are going to call that number press call & what should happen is your unlocking code should come up on your screen, once it does type that in to your phone and it's unlocked... believe me it works.... :-) i have been waiting for nearly 3 weeks to get my unlocking code still haven't got it up to today!!!

Until the other day an ex vodafone staff member showed me and they done it for me in 5mins.

i am prepay and vodafone want's €127 top up in the last 6 months and they would do it for me.

PLEASE NOT YOU ONLY HAVE 3 ATTEMPTS TO PUT THE IMEI NUMBER IN TO YOUR PHONE CORRECTLY BEFORE IT LOCKS AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO VODAFONE THEN

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Hurling01 wrote: »
    As long as vodafone have your unlocking code on there system here's what you can do...... Type your IMEI number in to your phone as if you are going to make a call that number and your unlocking code should come up on your screen, once it does type that in to your phone and it's unlocked... believe me it works.... :-) i have been waiting for nearly 3 weeks to get my unlocking code still haven't got it yet!!! until the other day i met an ex vodafone staff member and they done it for me in 5mins.

PLEASE NOT YOU ONLY HAVE 3 ATTEMPTS TO PUT THE IMEI NUMBER IN TO YOUR PHONE CORRECTLY BEFORE IT LOCKS AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO VODAFONE THEN HOPE THIS HELPS.
    That's nice but iPhones don't use unlock codes

guil wrote: »
    That's nice but iPhones don't use unlock codes

my unlock code was recieved through an iphone? although i have a nokia lumia 610 not sure if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement

my unlock code was recieved through an iphone? although i have a nokia lumia 610 not sure if that makes a difference.

I tried what you said on a Vodafone bill phone and nothing changed

guil wrote: »
    I tried what you said on a Vodafone bill phone and nothing changed

Well guil dont know what to say to ya? i'm only posting what was done right in front of me.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Well guil dont know what to say to ya? i'm only posting what was done right in front of me.:confused:

What are you talking about? You received your unlock code for your Nokia by transmitting its IMEI code through your iPhone?

Please clarify.

You can't unlock an iPhone by a code, no matter how it's received (as it doesn't exist).

Well culabula as i said to guil i dont know what to say if it's not working for ya? it was done right in front of me,

What happened was & as i've said i have been waiting nearly 3 weeks for my unlocking code for my nokia lumia, the other day i was talking to an ex vodafone staff member & i was explaining/asking why it takes so long for there unlocking codes, he asked me for my imei number i gave it to him he typed it in to his vodafone bill pay phone i'm 99% sure it was an iphone within 5 mins, he got a message and all he said to me was try this code and i did and my phone was unlocked.

I've no reason to come on here & lie/make this up seen as this was my first post on boards.ie, i thought the info would be useful for people. Maybe if its going to cause hassle for people i'll just delete my posts.

Well culabula as i said to guil i dont know what to say if it's not working for ya? it was done right in front of me,

What happened was & as i've said i have been waiting nearly 3 weeks for my unlocking code for my nokia lumia, the other day i was talking to an ex vodafone staff member & i was explaining/asking why it takes so long for there unlocking codes, he asked me for my imei number i gave it to him he typed it in to his vodafone bill pay phone i'm 99% sure it was an iphone within 5 mins, he got a message and all he said to me was try this code and i did and my phone was unlocked.

I've no reason to come on here & lie/make this up seen as this was my first post on boards.ie, i thought the info would be useful for people. Maybe if its going to cause hassle for people i'll just delete my posts.

So you think it was an iPhone and it took 5 mins this time. Are you sure he didn't text an old colleague and get the code. What you are saying is mythical stuff

• Advertisement

No-one is saying it didn't happen, it's simply irrelevant to the information required. Put simply, a Vodafone ex-staff member simply requested your unlocking code for a *Nokia* from someone or somewhere in-house that he knew would give it to him. He could have used an iPad to source this information.

Nothing whatsoever to do with unlocking an iPhone on any network.

Hey, I was wondering is it possible to unlock a bill pay phone to use abroad..?? Im thinking of getting an iPhone on bill pay but I going to America for 2 months.. Will I be able to use it over there..?? Il be getting it on vodafone and Il stay with vodafone when I come back.. Iv been with them forever.. Please help

Why not get it on O2 bill pay instead and request unlocking for reasons of travel after the first fortnight?

Or wait until you come back?

Or even better, buy an unlocked iPhone while in the States, use it there, then get the best SIM-only deal for it that you can when you come back?

Advertisement