Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW LINE / INSTALLATION

Options
  • 22-04-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have never used the Eircom line in my house since I moved in (having favored UPC with my business) and now it seems that over the years due to home improvements etc that my original phone line is no longer accessible. That is to say I have a fair idea where it was but the socket was removed long ago and the wires trimmed and buried under solid wood flooring now so without destroying a section of floor it's gone!
    The house was built in 74 so the line came up from the ground (the line was fed underground with the other utilities rather than from a suspended line attached to the side of the house). 
    I am just wondering whether it is even possible to re-run a line from the ground box immediately outside my house and down my drive and into my house (about 4 meters in total) and the cost of this ?

thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dave..M wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have never used the Eircom line in my house since I moved in (having favored UPC with my business) and now it seems that over the years due to home improvements etc that my original phone line is no longer accessible. That is to say I have a fair idea where it was but the socket was removed long ago and the wires trimmed and buried under solid wood flooring now so without destroying a section of floor it's gone!
    The house was built in 74 so the line came up from the ground (the line was fed underground with the other utilities rather than from a suspended line attached to the side of the house). 
    I am just wondering whether it is even possible to re-run a line from the ground box immediately outside my house and down my drive and into my house (about 4 meters in total) and the cost of this ?

thanks
    Dave
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Dave..M

You can indeed request installation of a new line however prior installation agreements and installation process requests cannot be made until the installation engineer is at your premises to work on the installation.

Also, It's also worth noting that ordering a new line from eircom is deemed as opening an account with eircom which comes with a twelve month contract.

For more details or To place an order for installation please contact 1800503603.

Regards

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Hi Dave..M

You can indeed request installation of a new line however prior installation agreements and installation process requests cannot be made until the installation engineer is at your premises to work on the installation.

Also, It's also worth noting that ordering a new line from eircom is deemed as opening an account with eircom which comes with a twelve month contract.

For more details or To place an order for installation please contact 1800503603.

Regards

Al
    thanks for the response Alan, that's good to know, lines degrade overtime and the old socket wasn't in a very convenient spot anyway and would have limited me to wifi connectivity (which is all well and good but not optimal for certain things) so a new line would be preferable to me anyway. I will keep note of the number and await the eFiber roll out.

cheers
    Dave

thanks for the response Alan, that's good to know, lines degrade overtime and the old socket wasn't in a very convenient spot anyway and would have limited me to wifi connectivity (which is all well and good but not optimal for certain things) so a new line would be preferable to me anyway. I will keep note of the number and await the eFiber roll out.

cheers
    Dave

No worries Dave

Regards

Al

No worries Dave

Regards

Al
    Hi Alan, can you let me know whether Cabinteely is included in the existing eFiber roll out phase ? I didn't see any of the new cabinets around that I have seen elsewhere so I am thinking that it isn't.

tks
    Dave

Hi Alan, can you let me know whether Cabinteely is included in the existing eFiber roll out phase ? I didn't see any of the new cabinets around that I have seen elsewhere so I am thinking that it isn't.

tks
    Dave
    Hi Dave..M

Launch date for fibre is hopefully the 20th of May and until then I will not be able to provide information on area availability however if you would like to DM me your address I might be able to give you an indication. Apologies for any inconvenience Dave.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Dave..M

Launch date for fibre is hopefully the 20th of May and until then I will not be able to provide information on area availability however if you would like to DM me your address I might be able to give you an indication. Apologies for any inconvenience Dave.

Regards

Al
    no probs Alan, PM sent, thanks

no probs Alan, PM sent, thanks
    Hi Dave..M

PM sent in reply

Al

Hi Dave..M

PM sent in reply

Al
    thanks for checking Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thanks for checking Alan

Hi
    Dave..M

Can you send on the details to me via PM as Al is off today.

Thanks, Mark

Hi
    Dave..M

Can you send on the details to me via PM as Al is off today.

Thanks, Mark
    hi Mark,

Alan actually checked for me yesterday and said that my exchange (Rochestown, Co Dublin) was included in Phase two but that unfortunately he had no further information on the fiber rollout to my address (cabinet) and there would not be until the 20th of May.

tks
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hi Mark,

Alan actually checked for me yesterday and said that my exchange (Rochestown, Co Dublin) was included in Phase two but that unfortunately he had no further information on the fiber rollout to my address (cabinet) and there would not be until the 20th of May.

tks
    Dave
    Ok thanks Dave,

Appreciate you getting back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement