Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car sharing for creche drop-offs?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I'm living in the Oaklands area of Greystones, while our baby daughter is attending creche at Eden Gate. My wife is using our car for work and while she can pick up our daughter at the end of the day, it's very early and inconvenient for her to do the drop-off.

So I was wondering if there were any car pooling/sharing schemes in Greystones? I'm looking to use a car every morning for 30 minutes to drop my daughter off to creche, around 8:30-9am. I know this is a long-shot but was wondering if there were people out there happy to share their car in the morning when they're not using it. I'm already insured to drive other cars and some sort of compensation could be arranged, whether it be a full tank or something else.

Seems a shame to have to go down the road of buying a second car when there are so many already lying idle in drive-ways.

Any thoughts anyone?

cheers
    darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bike?

Bike-Seat.jpg

the 184 bus also goes from the top of Church Lane to Charlesland, but they're not that frequent.

the "driving of other cars" insurance provision is 3rd-party only, I'd be reluctant to lend my car to a stranger on that basis...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Maybe look into having an arrangement with someone else in the creche - they could pick up your child in the morning and drop them to creche and you could collect theirs from creche and drop them off at home? i'm sure there would be someone in Eden gate that would love not to have the hassle of a pick up twice every day...

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

dudmis wrote: »
    Maybe look into having an arrangement with someone else in the creche - they could pick up your child in the morning and drop them to creche and you could collect theirs from creche and drop them off at home? i'm sure there would be someone in Eden gate that would love not to have the hassle of a pick up twice every day...

I very much doubt your are going to find someone who would be willing to let their child be picked up by a stranger. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Robertr wrote: »
    I very much doubt your are going to find someone who would be willing to let their child be picked up by a stranger. :rolleyes:

lots of people share school and creche runs with other parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Probably more like they share with other parents who are their friends who they know and trust. School age is also very different to creche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

There's an app for that! Yer man from the Dragon's Den, the new guy, Sean O'Sullivan - his company does an app for your phone for car pooling. I think it's called Avego.

Advertisement