Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Price were the same - Plasma or LED

• 22-04-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭

I only use my TV for watching sport and general programmes etc, not for gaming, dont need smart tv, 3d etc etc

NOTE : I have a HD set top box

If both were roughly around the same price and you had to choose between the below 2 type TV's, which one would you choose -- mainly from a picture quality point of view and for watching sport

Choice 1

42 Inch Plasma HD ready 720 P with 600 HZ refresh rate

Choice 2

42 Inch LED Full HD 1080 P with 100 HZ refresh rate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Some would say that Plasma is on the decline. Most electronics stores will probably advise you to go with LED as it's the new and evolving technology. At the end of the day it's all about what you want to watch and what you feel comfortable watching and you will find people to argue for both camps but a 1080p LED will almost always get the nod over dated 720p Plasma. I was asking the same questions a few months ago and eventually went with the LED which was the smart choice imo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

Thanks for that reply
    I watch alot of sport and the one and only thing that puts me off the LED is the 100 HZ refresh rate ( Vs the 600 HZ of the plasma )

To me looking at in in a simple manner, teh refesh rate on the LED is very bad compared to the refresh rate on the plasma or is this a bad way to comapre things - and that the 1080 p on the LED will outweight this

Would this 100 Hz refresh rate cause alot of blur on the LED when watching sport ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

obi604 wrote: »
    Thanks for that reply
    I watch alot of sport and the one and only thing that puts me off the LED is the 100 HZ refresh rate ( Vs the 600 HZ of the plasma )

To me looking at in in a simple manner, teh refesh rate on the LED is very bad compared to the refresh rate on the plasma or is this a bad way to comapre things - and that the 1080 p on the LED will outweight this

Would this 100 Hz refresh rate cause alot of blur on the LED when watching sport ?

Your football will be coming in at 30fps, which needs a refresh rate of 60 hertz to display correctly. You won't be able to distinguish anything above 30fps anyway, so a boast like 600Hz is pretty much marketing bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

Your football will be coming in at 30fps, which needs a refresh rate of 60 hertz to display correctly. You won't be able to distinguish anything above 30fps anyway, so a boast like 600Hz is pretty much marketing bull.

What about a sliotar ? :))

Thanks for the reply

Advertisement