Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

safe to put my IPOD Classic music collection on iTunes Match

• 22-04-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    I have a large (98GB) collection of music on my itunes, which I mostly listen on my ipod classic. If anything happened to my music I be heartbroken (I have backed up the itunes on a hard drive but think if iTunes Match worked properly it would be safer).
    Also I could access my music from different computers so its something I would like to do, but Im nervous about doing it for 2 reasons:

1/with 98GB would the actual process of uploading the music to iTunes Match takes AGES?
    2/I seem to recall that sometimes itunes does not copy all the music to the cloud, only some of it, ie some music it substitutes different versions, so iff I have one version of an opera for example Madame Butterfly, iTunes Match might substitute another version.

Are either of my concerns valid or should I just go ahead?
    thanks in advance for any feedback/guidance!

BB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

iTunes Match is what your thinking of I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

guil wrote: »
    iTunes Match is what your thinking of I think.

thanks, yes you are 100% correct so I have ammended my post accordingly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Buy a cheap USB HDD and backup onto that, easiest/simplest/quickest option. Put HDD away in a safe place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

iTunes match first of all scans your library and if it finds matches on content that is on apple servers it will not upload the music but allow you to stream the high quality version they have from their server and music it does not know of it will upload to their server to stream.

How long will it take is a very general questions it depends on your broadband speed, congestion, apples servers and how much music will it actually need to upload.

Other providers like Google and amazon will upload all 98 gigs of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

If you really want complete control over your library, keep it local and back it up locally.

If you want the convenience of access anywhere, use Spotify.

I think you have to decide which is important to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement