Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling off a surprise party

Options
  • 22-04-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My cousin and I are planning a surprise engagement party for my sister this weekend. It's going to be hosted in her house (nowhere else suitable/available) and so far all we've figured out is how to get her and her new fiance out of the house for long enough to get everything set up and everyone in place.... What we can't figure out is how to get them back home without knowing what's going on....

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bantasaurusrex

It may also be important to note that they think they're going for dinner and drinks with a couple of friends so it will take something special to get them all to leave to go home...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You might have to let one of them in on it? What if the house is in a mess? I'd be mortified if a party was hosted in my place without me or my partner having cleaned it. No chance of taking over a corner of a local pub for it that the friends meeting them could direct them to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bantasaurusrex

You're completely right I'd be mortified as well if my house was in a heap, thankfully my sister is in the same category as Monica from Friends when it comes to keeping house, also if there is anything that needs to be done I'll have the chance to do a runaround before anybody else gets there...

The reason we're having it in the house and not a pub is that a lot of our relatives don't drink and don't like being in a pub atmosphere, also two of her best friends are very very pregnant, we just thought it would be more intimate to have it at their house, although I think u might be right about having to get one of them in on it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Give the fiance a call then, it's a lovely idea, your sister will be delighted! Enjoy the night!

Advertisement