Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

career choices?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone.

I am weighing up some important career choices and would be very appreciative of anyone's advise.

Background: Degree in Social Science and Masters in Public Health (UCC)
    Job: Social Care Worker with Intellectual Disability
    Experience: 15 years

I have been working as a social care worker my whole life. Despite numerous job interviews and furthering my qualifications, I feel really stuck in my career.:confused: Presently, I am weighing up to do a PhD in Social Science or to get into Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am moving more towards counselling but despite my research, I am unsure is this market saturated or not in Ireland. :rolleyes:

I am extremely interested in Psychology and mental health especially. I guess this is something I am passionate about, that I could do alongside the social care work? Or do both careers part time, when i begin my family?:rolleyes:

All advice most welcome and with thanks.:)

Comments

Advertisement