Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting information

Options
  • 22-04-2013 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all I just need some info im currently renting a house and the rent is high plus mould on ceilings and smoke comes in everytime i light the fire so ive had enough so im going to view a new house tommorow

The people would like us to move in as soon as we can but my lease is up end of may in my current house ill give my landlord a months notice and ill pay mays rent on the 28th of this month

I was wondering is a month notice enough or do you have to give more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If youre on a fixed term lease then technically you dont have to give any notice to vacate. A month is usually considered the norm to be polite however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Ok thank you just wasnt sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You might mention the smoke coming in to the landlord when you're leaving, sounds like the chimney needs a clean out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

You might mention the smoke coming in to the landlord when you're leaving, sounds like the chimney needs a clean out.

Thanks i have and its being cleaned it still keeps doing it!

Advertisement