Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Contract

Options
  • 22-04-2013 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

My old contract is up after a year fixed term, and now they have awarded me an extension. However there are additional specific term conditions added to the new conditions, that look dodgy.

Can someone recommend a solicitor in Dublin to go over it? How much would this cost? Is there risk of losing my job if I query the new extension contract?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

My old contract is up after a year fixed term, and now they have awarded me an extension. However there are additional specific term conditions added to the new conditions, that look dodgy.

Can someone recommend a solicitor in Dublin to go over it? How much would this cost? Is there risk of losing my job if I query the new extension contract?

thanks

Why a solicitor? Your contract is finished so you can either accept a new contract or not. If you dont accept it they will get rid of you, if you do you stay in the job. You have no entitlement to retain the same conditions in a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

chris85 wrote: »
    Why a solicitor? Your contract is finished so you can either accept a new contract or not. If you dont accept it they will get rid of you, if you do you stay in the job. You have no entitlement to retain the same conditions in a new contract.

No harm in getting legal advice before signing a contract, if the OP isn't comfortable with it - but obviously you're right that they can just withdraw the offer and leave the OP without a job at all.

fizzlefozzle, maybe try and weed through www.irishstatutebook.ie and www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment in case you find the answers you're looking for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Eoin wrote: »
    No harm in getting legal advice before signing a contract, if the OP isn't comfortable with it - but obviously you're right that they can just withdraw the offer and leave the OP without a job at all.

fizzlefozzle, maybe try and weed through www.irishstatutebook.ie and www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment in case you find the answers you're looking for there.

There is harm to the wallet, unless the OP wants to talk to FLAC. I would not pay for advice has the OP seems to have an issue with them changing his terms and conditions, which they are entitled to do as the old contract is over.

Advertisement