Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Ipod

• 22-04-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

I just got my first I pod and i got some music from a friends computer. I would like to put my music from my computer onto it as well which I cant seem to do without deleting the music I have on it already.

Is there a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Download sharepod and use it to transfer the music from the friends pc to your own and import it to iTunes. Sync as normal then and you will have it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

Cant get it off the friends computer anymore, any other option? Is is possible to copy the stuff to my own PC and put it all back on together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sidney77 wrote: »
    Cant get it off the friends computer anymore, any other option? Is is possible to copy the stuff to my own PC and put it all back on together

Yeah you copy it from the iPod using sharepod. Sorry I wasn't clear the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

There is an easier way of doing this that works. I had my iPhone 4S linked to my old laptop that died. If I tried linking to my new laptop it was going to erase whats on my laptop when it started syncing. What I did was disconnect my iPhone when it started to sync and then plugged it back into my laptop and hey presto it recognised my iPhone and no music, photo's or apps were erased of it. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aurellia

guil wrote: »
    Download sharepod and use it to transfer the music from the friends pc to your own and import it to iTunes. Sync as normal then and you will have it all

I have an ipod from an ex with their iTunes ID, I've want to upgrade with music from my library thats already on my phone, and i want to transfer some albums from iPod to my iTunes in order to put to my phone and vice versa as traveling Ipod battery lasts longer.

I'm completely technology thick! So will this Share pod sort my dilemma?
    And can i undo his ID from it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Aurellia wrote: »
    I have an ipod from an ex with their iTunes ID, I've want to upgrade with music from my library thats already on my phone, and i want to transfer some albums from iPod to my iTunes in order to put to my phone and vice versa as traveling Ipod battery lasts longer.

I'm completely technology thick! So will this Share pod sort my dilemma?
    And can i undo his ID from it ?

Use sharepod to take the music from the ipod to your computer. Then format the ipod using iTunes, and set it up as a new one with your id, then sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Aurellia

Prodigious wrote: »
    Use sharepod to take the music from the ipod to your computer. Then format the ipod using iTunes, and set it up as a new one with your id, then sync.

Whats the website ? getsharepod.com ? Ok here goes !!
    Erm, do i set up a folder on desktop? And somehow drag that over to Itunes.
    (Some study i'm doing here !! have acc tech exams starting May 13th!):D

Advertisement