Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Lightning connector problems

• 22-04-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've had the iPhone 5 since roughly last November.

At first everything worked perfectly. However, for the last 2 months or so the lightning connector has been a right pain in the arse. I plug it in to the phone and first it charges - then it doesn't - then I fiddle with it - then it charges etc. The slightest movement on the cord and it stops charging. As ye will know the phone buzzes/vibrates every time it connects to the charger, so on top of the fact that charging is such a pain in the ass the constant buzzing is highly irritating, too.

At first I thought it was just a fault with the connector, but I bought another one (official Apple also) and the problem is the same. Have I just got two dodgy cords or could it be the phone?

Anyway, I was trucking on until today I notice that one of the connectors just won't charge the phone at all. Really confused.

Anyone have any advice/similar problem?

Where would be my first port of call to get the thing remedied anyway? Was an upgrade from 3 - are they responsible or do I get onto Apple?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Sounds like the connector on the phone is buggered. Contact Apple here https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

They'll either send you an envelope, which you put the phone into and return via courier (at their expense). That takes around a week.

Or, if you agree to pay €29 and have a hold of €500 put on your credit card, they bring a new (well, refurbished, I think) phone to your door. That takes no more than a couple of days. Once they get the phone the charge on the credit card should be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

That's good to know, brophs.

Gonna try it with a mate's charger first and see if that's it.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Did you check if you have lint stuck inside the port?

I had the same problem and got a bit if lint out with a toothpick.

Yeah, had a go blowing on it and sticking a wee pin in there. Nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Yeah, had a go blowing on it and sticking a wee pin in there. Nothing.

No worries. It was worth a try.

• Advertisement

I was thinking - could it be that the phone isn't recognising it as an official Apple accessory even though it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

I have gone through two lightning cables so far, them seem to be twisting at the lightning connection end and this is affecting the connection, as poor as the 30 pin connections I find.

martin_g wrote: »
    I have gone through two lightning cables so far, them seem to be twisting at the lightning connection end and this is affecting the connection, as poor as the 30 pin connections I find.

For me they're worse! And I used to think those were pretty ****ty!

Anyway, gonna try out with a friend's soon and see if it's the connector or my phone. Pain in the bum, either way.

Advertisement