Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Beers***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Teferi wrote: »
    Not on game day bro.

I'll do a conference call then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I'll be in town so always keen to meet up for pints. If you install yourselves in D4 though I'm not sure I make the trek...

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Swiwi. wrote: »
    I'll be in town so always keen to meet up for pints. If you install yourselves in D4 though I'm not sure I make the trek...

Big ask to request that these Leinster boys leave D4, that'd require them to mix with the common folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So where to for pints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm up for one or two if you're staying in D4. Crowes?

I'm up for one or two if you're staying in D4. Crowes?

Horseshow maybe? Have to wait for one or two here in the RDS but should be over in 10-15.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Horseshow maybe? Have to wait for one or two here in the RDS but should be over in 10-15.

Cool on my way

I'd love a pint right now. :(

awec wrote: »
    I'd love a pint right now. :(

Do it. We'll be there for a while.

• Advertisement

Do it. We'll be there for a while.

Nah, by the time I get sorted and got to Donnybrook it'd be 11:30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Never been to one of these before. Do many posters show up?

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Never been to one of these before. Do many posters show up?

Are you considering flying in specially from Melbourne?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

We'd a decent crowd in for the first lions meetup in the wool shed. Definitely worth trying to make it a regular thing.

I think an actual beers would be a good thing. Like not just 3 or 4 meeting after a game they are going to.

Perhaps one of the away 6 nations games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I could be up for that... although I have a strange aversion to meeting people off the internet for some reason. Do you all have neckbeards and wear fedoras?

Because I do :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Grimebox wrote: »
    I could be up for that... although I have a strange aversion to meeting people off the internet for some reason. Do you all have neckbeards and wear fedoras?

Because I do :pac:

OMG are you Jonah Hill!?

450px-Jonah_Hill_-_001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I vote the France game, isn't that on the final round (3 matches back to back) this year?

Surely we can manage something before that!

P_1 wrote: »
    I vote the France game, isn't that on the final round (3 matches back to back) this year?
    dregin wrote: »
    Surely we can manage something before that!

The France game would be good if a grand slam was on the cards...but if the tournament doesn't go as hoped, that game could be pretty flat. Personally, I'd be up for the Ireland-Wales match, just to see BOD give 2 fingers to Gatland with a display to roll back the years (all 35 of them it appears), but maybe most people will be going to the Aviva itself rather than watching in a pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Are you considering flying in specially from Melbourne?

Haha nah no longer living in melbourne - back in the fair city now.

• Advertisement

The France game would be good if a grand slam was on the cards...but if the tournament doesn't go as hoped, that game could be pretty flat. Personally, I'd be up for the Ireland-Wales match, just to see BOD give 2 fingers to Gatland with a display to roll back the years (all 35 of them it appears), but maybe most people will be going to the Aviva itself rather than watching in a pub?

Will be at the Wales game myself, but always on for a post match pint.

Bull & Castle's beer hall is a good spot for it. Great beer, great food and nice and central. I *think* you can book tables for matches too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Will be at the Wales game myself, but always on for a post match pint.

I'll be home for the match, potentially my first opportunity to attend such an event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'll be home for the match, potentially my first opportunity to attend such an event!

I'm booking a flight for emmet home.

dregin wrote: »
    Bull & Castle's beer hall is a good spot for it. Great beer, great food and nice and central. I *think* you can book tables for matches too.

So, commitment people. Are we saying Bull & Castle's for Ireland v Wales, with those lucky bastards actually going to the game making a post-match appearance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

So, commitment people. Are we saying Bull & Castle's for Ireland v Wales, with those lucky bastards actually going to the game making a post-match appearance??

I'm in Dublin that weekend and out that night so I'm game ball

Just hope I actually manage to find people this time!

I'm on for it. Also on for doing a reconnaissance mission during the Scotland game, if anyone fancies Sunday lunch and a couple of pints around it?

Getting this proposal in early - the Heineken Cup quarter final Saturday. 3 games, culminating in Ulster v Saracens.

I won't get a ticket or make it to Ravenhill, seems like too good a fixture list to miss out on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Going to go with a bump. Wales match, Bull and Castle?

P_1 wrote: »
    Going to go with a bump. Wales match, Bull and Castle?

Table booked for 2pm on Saturday. Be there or (and?) be square (or be at the game of course, if you fall into the lucky bastard category - but then come celebrate in town afterwards!)

No excuses now USME - if you say you're coming and then mysteriously can't find us again, either you're lying, don't actually exist, or you use a little white cane and one of those nice friendly golden retriever dogs - in which case you're excused.

I have no intention on going on a date with P_1, so if the interest seems lacklustre, it's easy enough to pull the plug. With the exception of thomond2006 (who as previously remarked is not quite right), people seemed normal at the Lions meet-up, so you won't be kidnapped and held for ransom or any of the other strange things that happen to people who meet over the internet.

Beer and food are generally decent at this place, from personal experience, and also as suggested by dregin.

• Advertisement

Bull and Castle is a great spot, and they do fantastic beer.

I will be going to the game, and the B+C is too far from Landsdowne so I'll pass on this one. But we should do something similar for one of the away games. :)

I'll be there!

With my Lobbe dream gone, I'm staying indoors for the next month. Sorry everyone. :(

Will be at the game too but will try and pop in after. Might have a hard time convincing herself if the weather is like this, but sure we'll see. I'm fairly sure I'll be thirsty.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Is there a meetup for after or just before? Do I need to wear a nametag or a red dress?

Usually you carry a tin of baked beans in your left hand to indicate you are from boards.

Has to be Heinz.

Is there a meetup for after or just before? Do I need to wear a nametag or a red dress?

Before, during and after I gather. And wear whatever you're comfortable with. So long as it's not a PRL t-shirt.

I'll bring a pair of Mark McCafferty pyjamas for bucs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'll be wearing my Leinster season ticket scarf in support of our fine team :pac:

• Advertisement

I'll be wearing my Connacht hat in support of our feeder team :pac:

Swiwi is not going to be happy but I have to cancel tomorrow. Few college friends coming up from Cork so looks like we're staying Naas bound for the day

A thousand pardons

Swiwi is not going to be happy but I have to cancel tomorrow. Few college friends coming up from Cork so looks like we're staying Naas bound for the day

A thousand pardons

I would have preferred you stuck to your line of white cane and golden retriever TBH.

Damnit, I was going to pretend to be Rightwing for the day.

@Teferi You goin B&C? We're getting there for 1:30 to ensure table space.

I'm heading to the match so I'll give Swiwi a bell after and see where you're at.

• Advertisement

So who else is going? Are there a few of us heading to the game going along after?

I'll hang around the stadium for a pint or two after and will maybe call over after that, will get in contact with Swiwi to see if yous are still about.

Too far to walk so will get a taxi, will need to wait for traffic mayhem to calm a bit.

So who else is going? Are there a few of us heading to the game going along after?

There's 6 or 7 of us watching the game at the pub, but we might well migrate a bit more centrally after the game (depending on the result: if Ireland are crushed the enthusiasm might be less high, but if it's party time, then for sure...)

A few of ye are lucky enough to have tickets (yourself, awec, teferi etc) but feel free to see how things lie post-match. IBF might even make it in, and maybe teferi has actually dragged emmet across from the UK, in which case we might get to see fisticuffs!

There's 6 or 7 of us watching the game at the pub, but we might well migrate a bit more centrally after the game (depending on the result: if Ireland are crushed the enthusiasm might be less high, but if it's party time, then for sure...)

A few of ye are lucky enough to have tickets (yourself, awec, teferi etc) but feel free to see how things lie post-match. IBF might even make it in, and maybe teferi has actually dragged emmet across from the UK, in which case we might get to see fisticuffs!

Sound, well I'll have the wife in tow so if she's agreeable to a few sociables you're all to ease up on the internet-ness ya hear!

Sound, well I'll have the wife in tow so if she's agreeable to a few sociables you're all to ease up on the internet-ness ya hear!

These are my internet friends honey:

NERDS.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement