Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Beers***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    What time does that yoke kick off?

Kicks off at 1:30, so God only knows what time it'll be over at. So there's no way I'd make the game in Tallaght. I'm only going cos it's a mates birthday and he's big into it. I've no interest myself really.

Might be about in town after though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Assuming the recovery goes on schedule I'd be up for this. Feck knows after the last week I'm in dire need of a bit of a session!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone going to this bbq and beer festival?

Anyone going to this bbq and beer festival?

Yup

Friday?

Saturday I'm afraid. I'm assuming you're Friday?

Haven't decided yet! :D

Well I'll be there on the Saturday anyway with a few mates....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

WHERE IS THIS BBQ AND BEER FESTIVAL. APOLOGIES FOR SHOUTING BUT I'M BESIDE MYSELF WITH CURIOUSITY.

• Advertisement

Cool. Are we organising a pre-season meet up?

We'll be heading in around 4:30 tomorrow anyway if ye are heading in.

Ah heor, 17 blips is a bit steep for that, what does that get you anyway?

I thought it was like 11 quid?

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah heor, 17 blips is a bit steep for that, what does that get you anyway?

No idea tbh. They have a deal where you can get 6 tickets for €45 so we just went with that. We figured for under €8 each it was a no brainer. I'm assuming it's like any other festival like this. You can get tasters at most stalls, but anything more than that is full price.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    No idea tbh. They have a deal where you can get 6 tickets for €45 so we just went with that. We figured for under €8 each it was a no brainer. I'm assuming it's like any other festival like this. You can get tasters at most stalls, but anything more than that is full price.

Ah yeah under €8 a head is a no brainer, sadly €17 is a bit of a brainlesser though.

Ah it's probably too soon for me to be popping out on the beer though all things considered, should be good to go for the match in Tallaght though.

17 is a bit steep for me too

17 quid is right! Holy feck. 1.65 "fee" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Living social or one of those fellas were doing a deal.

So Leinster v Ulster in Tallaght next week. Who's in? Say meet up for a pint somewhere in town near the Luas about 2?

• Advertisement

I'm in.

What's the craic with tickets for it? Presume it'll be a 'pay at the gate' gig?

What's the craic with tickets for it? Presume it'll be a 'pay at the gate' gig?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004CE2DF2A58CF?brand=ie_leinster

20 quid. Bit steep for a friendly, but sure.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004CE2DF2A58CF?brand=ie_leinster

20 quid. Bit steep for a friendly, but sure.

Yeah 20's a tad steep for a preseason alright. Isn't it usually about 15 for a ticket to the North/South in the RDS for some of the lesser Pro12 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah that is steep. What did we pay last year for the NH game in Donnybrook?

Anyway yeah I'll be going, but won't be drinking, not sure if I'm heading straight there or not either but let me know where you're planning to meet first.

Even tho I'm not drinking a few town pubs near the redline (i.e right beside a stop) that I'd suggest are;

Ely Bar (near George's Dock stop)
    The Flowing Tide (near Abbey st stop)
    The Grand Central (near Abbey st stop)
    Gin Palace (near Jervis st stop)
    Generator Hostel (near Smithfield stop)
    Dice Bar (near Smithfield stop)

Anything after that gets a bit bleak imo....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Molloys on Talbot Street sell Harp and are about 50 metres from the stop at Bus Aras. Just saying.

Dice Bar is ****ing horrible.
    As is Ely.
    Generator? Are you mental?

That list makes kittens cry, .ak :(

Won't make it to the game as we're most likely moving house that weekend, but will try making it in for a scoop beforehand.

I was in Sean O'Caseys last Sunday, just off the Abbey St Luas Stop. Real old man's bar!

I was in Sean O'Caseys last Sunday, just off the Abbey St Luas Stop. Real old man's bar!

Not a bad spot. Just look out for the junkie hostel down the lane opposite it.

dregin wrote: »
    Molloys on Talbot Street sell Harp and are about 50 metres from the stop at Bus Aras. Just saying.

Dice Bar is ****ing horrible.
    As is Ely.
    Generator? Are you mental?

That list makes kittens cry, .ak :(

Won't make it to the game as we're most likely moving house that weekend, but will try making it in for a scoop beforehand.

Hahah I knew some of them wouldn't be to your tastes, you bar nazi! But I picked them considering it'd be a group of lads going to a rugby match with mixed tastes. If I was choosing a bar it wouldn't be near the Luas line, probably be the Black Sheep or Cassidy's.

Dice bar is alright though! Haven't been in it in years, but good vibes and has a NYC feel to it.

Ely is decent place if the weather is good, always good music and nice out door area.

Generator is actually great for food. My mate is head chef there and he's probably one of the best chefs I know at that level, worked in plenty of Michelin star restuarants. The burger is unreal. Also generally good hostel atmosphere and you meet strange and new people!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The Brew Dock right beside Store St. stop is pretty good too.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Hahah I knew some of them wouldn't be to your tastes, you bar nazi! But I picked them considering it'd be a group of lads going to a rugby match with mixed tastes. If I was choosing a bar it wouldn't be near the Luas line, probably be the Black Sheep or Cassidy's.

Dice bar is alright though! Haven't been in it in years, but good vibes and has a NYC feel to it.

Ely is decent place if the weather is good, always good music and nice out door area.

Generator is actually great for food. My mate is head chef there and he's probably one of the best chefs I know at that level, worked in plenty of Michelin star restuarants. The burger is unreal. Also generally good hostel atmosphere and you meet strange and new people!

The Brew Dock is ON the LUAS line :)

RE: Smithfield, Oscars is reportedly a pretty good bar AND there's a new Grillhouse open next door to it which has also had great reports.

[edit]
    This place: http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-reviews/spotlights-on-my-meat-wagon-smithfield-30485557.html
    [/edit]

My heart breaks a little every time I linke the indo...

Some sort of intervention is required regarding your opinions of good music before it's too late :p

Is there anyone else going? :pac:

dregin wrote: »
    Some sort of intervention is required regarding your opinions of good music before it's too late :p

Opinion and musical taste are subjective, aren't they? :P

I'm a DJ and I play house, so I suppose it's good music to my taste.

Opinion and musical taste are subjective, aren't they? :P

I'm a DJ and I play house, so I suppose it's good music to my taste.

Good Jesus :pac: Remind me never to go anywhere you recommend.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Good Jesus :pac: Remind me never to go anywhere you recommend.

They don't want you there anyway.

... I also just realised what people call 'house' these days isn't 'house', so if you think what I play is 'house' then it's not. It's 'house'. Got it?

... I also just realised what people call 'house' these days isn't 'house', so if you think what I play is 'house' then it's not. It's 'house'. Got it?

And here was me thinking it was House....

Was annoyed that I wouldn't be going to this until I saw the price of the tickets. They were only a tenner last year IIRC. Ah well.

I think there was discounts for STH's this year, wasn't there a pre-sale, €15 for tickets or something? Guess we missed that.

• Advertisement

I think there was discounts for STH's this year, wasn't there a pre-sale, €15 for tickets or something? Guess we missed that.

Yeah there probably was now that you mention it. As for beers I have no idea where to be going in that part of the city.... :o

Brew Dock at 2 perhaps? Its at a Luas stop, it's just off the Dart and quite a lot of busses go by it. Plus they serve daycent beers and tasty food.

Yeah Brew Dock is class, forgot about that.

Brew Dock at 2 perhaps? Its at a Luas stop, it's just off the Dart and quite a lot of busses go by it. Plus they serve daycent beers and tasty food.

Fill in the god damn Doodle you useless bastard

So we have

awec
    p_1
    molloy?
    podge?
    mfceiling?

Put me down as definitely maybe.

• Advertisement

So we have

awec
    p_1
    molloy?
    podge?
    mfceiling?

Nope, I'll be in Croker I'm afraid. :(

So we have

awec
    p_1
    molloy?
    podge?
    mfceiling?

Would love to, but I'm still in Geneva!

Only posted to join in the general comdemnation of .ak's pub choices.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Nope, I'll be in Croker I'm afraid. :(

Oh yea, that thing.

thomond?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Fill in the god damn Doodle you useless bastard

Done you cantankerous Swiss git :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Put me down as definitely maybe.

Which is the Irish version of no. Why say no when you can say definitely maybe. Or better still might. So lads, .ak might see you there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement