Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year visa-flights

Options
  • 22-04-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi everyone,
    I am planning my 1 year visa and going to use the IIIC for my visa. I need to book flights and just wondering who are the cheapest to go with ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

Skyscanner will help you find the best rates IMO. However I've always flew Aer Lingus myself and got good rates when booking far enough in advance (they tend to have sales often enough). Enjoy the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭canadabound1

thank you corrimbla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SAJ

Hi canadabound1. Just out of interest have you actually started the application process for the visa with the IIC? If you have, how have you found it in dealing with them so far? Just would like to see your opinion on whether having to communicate via email for the freedom of booking your own flights and insurance is worthwhile in comparison to an Irish company who take care of all that (for a premium of course!).

I also agree with what Corrimbla says above! Skyscanner is by far the best website to use in searching for flights but Aer Lingus do come out with special offers on a frequent basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭canadabound1

hi saj,

thanks for the information.

i have not started the process of applying for the visa yet. at the moment i am just getting approx. prices on tickets/insurance. from what i gathered on the usa thread, the iiic is way cheaper than using usit/go4less etc. both usit and the iiic are the most recommanded on these threads and have good customer relations. however, iiic are suppose to be way cheaper because you get to book your own flights/insurance and other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SAJ

Yes I have gathered the same and am in the same position as you in trying to gather approximate prices.

Although it is probably slightly more hassle, going thorough the IIC seems to be considerably cheaper as you've said and allows more freedom. The only negative (if it is valid) is that as they're American based, so if you were to have difficulty in acquiring work within 3 months they would be strict in enforcing the rule where you would have to return home, relative to an Irish company who may be more accommodating.

Of course this is not proven, and should provide extra motivation to secure a job as quick as possible! I'll be applying for the visa with the IIC soon :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement