Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New doors and architraves x 9

Options
  • 22-04-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give a general guide price on getting nine good quality doors and architraves supplied and fitted.

I've been told that it is more cost effective to buy the doors in Northern Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

censuspro wrote: »
    Can anyone give a general guide price on getting nine good quality doors and architraves supplied and fitted.

I've been told that it is more cost effective to buy the doors in Northern Ireland.

What quality of door are you talking about (Hardwood ?) are you going to paint them ?
    I have fitted doors costing 600 euro and fitted doors costing 60 euro it all depends on your pocket .
    Its like asking how much is a car ?????.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Carpenter wrote: »
    What quality of door are you talking about (Hardwood ?) are you going to paint them ?
    I have fitted doors costing 600 euro and fitted doors costing 60 euro it all depends on your pocket .
    Its like asking how much is a car ?????.

Ideally would like to go for hardwood painted white. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

censuspro wrote: »

The cost will solely depend on the actual door. The labour cost of fitting the door frame and architrave should be circa €50 per door (depends on what carpenter wants to make for a days labour). The door costs vary massively as stated already.

I don't see much of a saving for 9 doors from the North but again it does come down to the door you want.

Advertisement