Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothie recipes and frozen fruit?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

getting really into smoothies, making them with my blender, as my smoothie maker is in storage.

Started putting frozen spinach in, can really feel the benefit.

anyone try any other frozen veg, or any other veg that's good in a smoothie?

Where do people but their frozen fruit?

Any recipes people swear by?

Thank!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Hi, going mad for the smoothies myself!

I get frozen mixed berries in Lidl for about €3 or €4 for a fairly big bag. I use spinach as well, not the frozen stuff, just the baby leaves. And i put a banana in it. Tastes lovely!

Sometimes i use orange juice to make it more sour or yogurt to make it nice and creamy. The berries are strong enough that ya could put anything in really.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Where do people but their frozen fruit?
    My tesco sell off over-ripe bananas for next to nothing, and some other fruits. Perfect for smoothies. You can slice it up before freezing, or if too mushy semi freeze & slice before its rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rebellious Jukebox

cool. I'll try Lidl, the frozen blueberries and mixed berries in tesco are pretty good, and reason priced, will have to compare.

That's a nice tip rubadub, will definitely try. Thanks!

I've put almond milk into the mix the last two mornings, really nice.

Advertisement