Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time to clear a cheque at bank of ireland

Options
  • 22-04-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have an account at Bank of Ireland , and my company where I work have an account there as well, they pay to all of us with a cheque of Bank of Ireland , and it takes 3 days to clear . So it doesnt worst to have an account at Bank of Ireland.
    If the accounts have the same bank , I am sorry but that is illegal, when you deposit the cheque of the same bank you should have your money there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi Elizabeth2013,

Thanks for posting.

All cheques are subject to clearing time frames.  If you are lodging a Bank of Ireland cheque to a Bank of Ireland account, it can take up to 3 working days to clear.  Domestic cheques drawn on other financial institutions going into a Bank of Ireland account take 5 working days to clear.

Wages cheques may be cashed at the branch they are drawn on, this would be at the discretion of the branch.  Your employer would know if they have such an arrangement in place.

Thanks

Seán   

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

OP, you should have a word with your branch. If you are a customer of good standing, they can set a flag on your account to give you instant access to money, once a cheque is lodged. Of course, if a cheque bounced a few days later you could became overdrawn.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement