Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League - Bayern Munich v Barcelona First Leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They are cheaters. Always have been. You know this too.

C'mon you have to admit they have been fantastic over the last few years as well

Either way, Munich have been fantastic tonight and that is what is to be enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Barca were called cheaters! There can be no rationalising of that except to source it from some sort of begrudgery, possibly based on their success or their elitist attitude?

Or that he sees them cheating quite often.

I dont know, does he?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Remember Dunphy scoffing at the idea Bayern could win the CL? Hope this gets mentioned tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Well they will be showing the second leg so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Barcelona are poor but bayern are a disgrace. The diving, the fouling the cynicism, it's really sad to see what's happened to football, it's shameful.

Petulant children. Great to see them show it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How stupid is that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Ridiculous from Alba, out of the return leg. If I was his manager I'd throttle him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

LMAO can't believe he's missing the next leg for that, what an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'll wait until the end of the 2nd leg to gloat about a Barcelona exit.

.....now I think I can gloat a little bit.

Its been an excellent performance from Bayern and you wouldn't begrudge them the UCL trophy in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

This is a character you're playing, yes?

I'm picturing him wearing a monocle whilst drinking brandy in a tall leather chair in front of an open fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Nothing wrong with Bayern watering the pitch, Barcelona are well used to it :/

sprinklers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

This is a character you're playing, yes?
    It takes one to know one.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

Will that Barcelona team ever bale out Messi for a change they all bottlers bar Messi,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Stay classy Alba.

Its because of the likes of that I'm delighted Muller went through him, even better that he got away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

A cheat! A cheat and a disgrace! Two goals that shouldn't be

true?v=mpbl-1&px=600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

On 150th English FA anniversary it be funny to see all German Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

klose wrote: »
    That belongs to lahm, dont think ive ever seen him have a bad game
    Lahm plays 95% of his games at right back.

If Ashley Cole wasn't English, he'd be getting the kudos around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I know from reading discussions from Lloyd before that he will be delighted watching Bayern's performance tonight, even luck/cheating element aside.

Direct when needs to be, efficient, defensively resilient, and clinical. I've agreed with him in the past that watching this type of football as exhibited by the likes of Real and United also is a lot more enjoyable than watching the likes of Barca.

I can understand why many prefer watching Barca's tiki taka style, and each to their own and all that, but this is just more exciting and enjoyable for me.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Or that he sees them cheating quite often.

I dont know, does he?

Maybe, I am speculating as to the source. But if what you say is the case then I can say 'fair enough'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It takes one to know one.

I say, old boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Rezident wrote: »
    Barcelona are poor but bayern are a disgrace. The diving, the fouling the cynicism, it's really sad to see what's happened to football, it's shameful.
    Well the Lord save us. I assume you're joking? Conidering Barcelona are disgusting cheats? Always hounding referees like a pack of rabid dogs. Nice to see them humiliated. End of a pretty s**t era hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I have no beef with Barcelona (I don't watch Spanish football), but the "greatest club team ever" claims by quasi fans have been really very irritating in the buildup to this game.

Maybe this result will make them go outside again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Barca's biggest defeat in 381 games across all comps. :eek:

The scoreline possibly doesn't reflect the dominance of Bayern. They should have more. Barca have nothing good to take from this. They need to hope Messi will be fully fit for the second leg and that Bayern will bottle it at the Camp Nou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Danke FC Bayern!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Weird sort of match.

Simply appalling refereeing for the third Bayern goal.

More evidence that the extra officials are a complete waste of space.

I've never seen a team work as hard as Bayern have tonight. It probably helps to have your season wrapped up - they've been able to put in an astonishing amount of work tonight.

Given that two goals shouldn't have stood I almost want to say that the result flatters Bayern but they've massively outplayed Barca, or kept them completely flaccid in front of goal at any rate.

I think the times Barca have failed of late has shown that they seriously lack depth and their defence is pretty ****e.
    That they've acheived what they have with a fairly small squad and no defence makes their acheivements even more incredible.

I wanted a German team to win from the off. I think it would probably be better for Germany as a whole if Dortmund win it. With Gotze gone to Bayern I'm somewhat concerned that they're gobbling up too much quality and the league could become 1-sided for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

De-fúcking-lighted. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Way to easy for BM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Men against boys, i fancied bayern but not much. Well deserved

• Advertisement

I say, old boy!

Not you and I! Myself and your man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tonight really shows how great Chelsea are, beating Bayern in the final last year

*Lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

Bayern Munich…what a team! 4 f*cking 0 against Barcelona. I enjoyed every minute of that arse whooping, and I’m sure I’m not the only one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Peps going to Bayern for a challenge then.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Jupp must've been on the phone to Jose. Bullied them off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

recyclebin wrote: »
    Danke FC Bayern!

Danke Dante! Stepped up to the plate when Bayern needed him at 1 nil.

Supreme Bayern performance tonight. Robben, Ribery, Muller were a joy to watch along with Schweinsteiger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

eagle eye wrote: »
    Another bumpy pitch tonight by the looks of things. I think when you set up your pitch that way you are already spreading a defeatist attitude through the club.

You were saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Tito couldn't change it either. Looks a bit of his depth. No matter what that Barca side shouldn't be getting hammered like that. They looked completely frail from set pieces and the buck has to stop at the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

That was coming wasn't it, Barca heading for a transition stage. They have turned into a 1 man team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

I hope Pep can whip this Bayern team into shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm so very ****ing happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Barca used to be brilliant at getting the ball back when the lost it
    Either the legs are gone on some or the hunger but the don't chase the ball down like the used to

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

German football>>Spanish football>>>>>>English football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A cheat! A cheat and a disgrace! Two goals that shouldn't be

1310566609761.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Well done Bayern. We played ****e, they played well, they deserve everything from what they did tonight. We had no idea what to do, you had packed the midfield to nullify Xavi & Iniesta (Iniesta mostly) and we had no backup plan.

Though - it's funny to see the near universal distain for Barcelona though. As Jorgen Klopp would say, it must be “sexy” to hate them now….

Lennonist wrote: »
    That was coming wasn't it, Barca heading for a transition stage. They have turned into a 1 man team.

It's always been about building a team around Messi. He is still not fully fit. Arsenal and Leverkusen can testify to Messi's one-man devastation capability. No matter who Messi plays for they will be described as a one-man team such is his standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Id have to have Bayern to shade this over the two legs, only danger is them bottling it, which they do have a tendancy to do in all honesty..

Looks like I was being extremely unfair to Bayern :D

They certainly didnt bottle it tonight!

Where was Iniesta? Where was Messi? Xavi?

Delighted to see Bayern finally show what they are capable of on the biggest stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

roanoke wrote: »
    I hope Pep can whip this Bayern team into shape.

Pep went with the safe option in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

German football>>Spanish football>>>>>>English football

Rather simplistic view .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Knex. wrote: »
    I know from reading discussions from Lloyd before that he will be delighted watching Bayern's performance tonight, even luck/cheating element aside.

Direct when needs to be, efficient, defensively resilient, and clinical. I've agreed with him in the past that watching this type of football as exhibited by the likes of Real and United also is a lot more enjoyable than watching the likes of Barca.

I can understand why many prefer watching Barca's tiki taka style, and each to their own and all that, but this is just more exciting and enjoyable for me.

Yep, sums it up pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Bayern should be the first team to retain the CL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement