Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipad singapore-to buy or not

Options
  • 22-04-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hello
    Family member is coming home from Singapore soon. They have offered to pivk up an iPad for me. Would it be stupid to refuse? The cost is $650Singspore dollar which roughly converts to €400 I think. Is there an aftercare issue and also is there tax to be paid on bringing it into the country. It would be purchased from apple store or licensed reseller. Any and all info appreciated.

Comments

If it was still wrapped in plastic, then yes tax could possibly be charged onto it. Just open it and it would be fine.

I would buy in Ireland, for the simple reason if something went wrong within a year, I could simply go back to the shop I bought it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Yes, was thinking same myself. I guess it would be silly to take a chance on it. Thanks so much for your reply.

Advertisement