Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collins Avenue Burglary Attempt

Options
  • 22-04-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Folks,

Last night I disturbed 3 - 4 guys in a white truck. They were going from house to house in Iniscarra checking the doors seeing if there was any easy entry.

Luckily I was awake when they went at my door and I lit up the place and scared them off. Alerted the guards. Couldn't get the licence plate.

Anyway, this was about 1:45am. They were driving a white truck/lorry with the side open ready to throw anything into it. The noise of the engine made me look out at the window.

Keep an ear and eye open. My car was in the drive and I had left a light on by mistake but that didn't seem to stop them.

Some neck!

Anyone else come across these less than friendly people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Was it a white sprinter van by any chance? Often driving around the Dunmore Road/Williamstown area late in the evenin and have seen the same van tearing out of different estates a number of times. Enough for it to make me question it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

My mother tells me today that some guy came knocking the door this afternoon (River view Area). It was a white Van not silver, she is adamant it was white.

She Says : who is it as she wasn't going to open.

Guy Replies: I'm here to clean gutters.

She Says: Don't need them done.

She said he looked very suspicious. He called to a few more houses as well. I told her next time just report to guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dontshoot

Yeah, I saw the lads going from house to house and heading towards mine and I didn't get a good look at the van, it was behind a few trees. then they were at my door so I got a little eh..... panicked then.

I can't even say if it was a van or one of those small lorries with the box on the back of them.

I'll be watching out for either. Any diesel engine really past midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

deise_boi wrote: »
    Was it a white sprinter van by any chance? Often driving around the Dunmore Road/Williamstown area late in the evenin and have seen the same van tearing out of different estates a number of times. Enough for it to make me question it anyway!

That could be the people that deliver milk, I used to get mine delivered in Williamstown at all odd hours. Definitely a large sprinter like van, just check before you dieembowel the c*nts and torch the van.

ha ha ha, hopefully! there was no reason to be at my door trying to get in though, unless they were absolutely locked delivering the milk and thought they were home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

There is a crowd that deliver milk in Collins avenue. It's a white transit van, as they deliver cross the road. I have seen a white sprinter van round before alrite but didn't take much notice. I'm keeping a closer eye now especially later in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Our milk gets delivered at 1 in the morning by a white transit van with the door wide open and people hanging out of it. Just saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Just amazing how many people never get the reg number of suspicious vehicles.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

in-the-flesh-1.01-curtain-twitching.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I always did picture you with a beard Mike

• Advertisement

marlin vs wrote: »
    Just amazing how many people never get the reg number of suspicious vehicles.:rolleyes:

I am usually the first to say this alright

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Our milk gets delivered at 1 in the morning by a white transit van with the door wide open and people hanging out of it. Just saying!

Nice, fair enough. That doesn't explain them at my door though unless they were just messin around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Is it this reg, 05wx362

If so, they are there to clean gutters when all they really are doing is staking a place out.

No proof or anything but keep that reg in mind and next time call the guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

cartell says.
    Registration 05WX362
    Make TOYOTA
    Model HIACE
    Description D-4D LWB EXTRA 4DR
    Fuel Type DIESEL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

mike65 wrote: »
    cartell says.

Good website link, thanks.

Relevance though?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mozattack wrote: »
    Good website link, thanks.

Relevance though?

So you know the plate matches the vehicle. If its being used sketchily that plate could easy have come off an avensis or something

seems as though "the white van" is the talk of the town... careful now! such a rare colour too!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

I cycle to work every morning @6am via Dunmore Rd. I'll keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

kaef wrote: »
    I cycle to work every morning @6am via Dunmore Rd. I'll keep my eyes open.

I hope so. Not a good idea to have your eyes closed when cycling a bike.

Advertisement