Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songwriting advice needed.

Options
  • 22-04-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I've been playing acoustic guitar for about two years now and have found myself using a sound that I have accidentally stuck to while creating new music. I'm happy with this sound but the lyric writing front isn't looking well at the moment and I've turned to this for help. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dumb seeds

Bit of a cliché but honestly just say it like you mean it. One thing that helped me was I just studied a lot of lyric's from my idols, obviously don't outright copy them but you might pick of a few hints here and there and then make them your own. A lot of people say reading helps, I'm not much of a reader and I find myself getting on fine, but I'm no Shakespeare so maybe it would be a good idea. And just keep writing and writing and writing, don't be afraid to write a bad song, you can then look at the song and see WHY it's bad and learn from mistakes. I hope this helps you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FranicusThe2nd

It really did, thanks!

Advertisement