Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Electrician w/ Australian Elec License, no work/holiday visa left - Please Help

Options
  • 22-04-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering If anyone can help me.

I have already spent two years In Australia, using up both my working holiday visas. On my second year I managed to get my Australian Electrical License.

But as my second working holiday expired I had to leave the country. At the moment Im looking to get back over there, by hopefully finding a company to sponsor me. But I cant seem to find any companies willing to do so on the Internet.

Can anyone point me In the right direction, on the best way for me to find work over there. I know its hard for someone to sponsor me when Im not In the country, but maybe If I could find a company with offices In Ireland, that might help.

Would really appreciate any help and advice that anyone can give.

Thanks

Robbie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Would any other of your former employers sponsor you???

Failing that being a Sparky is stil on the SOL so with a bit of time and money you can get over there yourself, that would be the better way to do it anyway as it has more freedom to move around, being sponsored your more tied down to a employer and if things go pear shaped it could be a major pain in the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

In the current climate I would advise against getting sponsored. A friend of mine recently got sponsored by a company and as soon as the sponsorship came through they told him that they had no work for him so he is a little screwed as he is not allowed to work for another company unless he can transfer his sponsorship. I also heard today that a company that I thought was doing pretty good and always had work and took on and sponsored irish electricians is going bust. The best thing you could do is to get in contact with a good migration agent and see what your options are. If you are serious about going back to Australia then this shouldn't be a big decision. They know and understand the visa process as it is how they make a living..and they don't listen to pub talk.

Advertisement