Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Almighty Boge

Options
  • 22-04-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Well I've been using both the Protank and iClear30 over the past week and trying the same juice (ET's Virginia Prime) in each for comparability.Got the best flavour from the iClear but it has its issues and I found the Protank lacking in flavour but really consistent otherwise.

So I went to drip the VP in my 306 and couldn't find the poxy thing so decided on the good auld Boge s/r and blow me sideways it was so satisfying!!!
    Actually found myself laughing out loud,I 'loled'.:D

Also want to thank some of yee lads who put me onto them when I was having trouble with clearomizers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yep - nothing wrong with Boges at all. Seemingly there's an odd dud these days but overall they are a very good piece of kit. They give a nice 'full' vape or something....they beat the hell out of clearo's any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Yep - nothing wrong with Boges at all. Seemingly there's an odd dud these days but overall they are a very good piece of kit. They give a nice 'full' vape or something....they beat the hell out of clearo's any day of the week.

Very true,the mystery surrounding 'BogeGate' may never be solved.
    There seems to be a lot more emphasis on improving the clearomizer compared to the carto.Maybe they've tweaked it as much as they can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's more benefit to getting the clearo right
    unscrew base, pour in liquid. done
    as opposed to drop 5 drops, wait for it to soak, drop 5 drops, wait for it to soak, drop 5 drops, wait for it to soak, have a cigarette, drop 5 drops wait for it to soak...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Condom method? :P
    Anyway Im hating boges at the moment, 2 boxes in a row now, three out of five cartos are basically worthless. :( I needs an alternative.

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Condom method? :P
    Anyway Im hating boges at the moment, 2 boxes in a row now, three out of five cartos are basically worthless. :( I needs an alternative.

Yeah I went through a terrible time with the bogeys,but I'm beginning to think its because they're juice sensitive,which is kinda obvious when you think about it(..I think!).I seem to generally have issues with them when I'm using Virginia Prime or the like,god that stuff is King Gunk but so nice.I don't usually have the same issues when using thinner 80/20 liquids,although I do have with '1st Choice' but then again that's a Canadian leaf(Virginia) tobacco so it's gonna be gunky.so it seems as if boges,and I would imagine carto's in general,will work much better with thinner liquids as its more easily absorbed through the filler material.Im still a newbie,but that's my take on it.

• Advertisement

Ah no these are just straight out of the box bad :(. I know the chocolate mint from Texas Select (although not sure of ratios) murders cartos, they work great for a day or two then draw just tightens up totally. At the moment, the two juices in my tanks are 80/20 PG/VG.
    Its been going on for a few months now, but instead of two bad ones in a box it seems to be 2 good ones in a box in the last few weeks. It's getting worse and I'm getting desperate.

Plenty of people use extremely high VG juices without issue though, it seems to be more of an ingredient thing, certain sweeteners maybe? I find the sweeter juices do clog it up faster, having said that I usually get a food few refills with El Toro Eden.
    Must find an alternative, but don't know of any in europe.

I'll stop complaining about cartos now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Dark or sweet juices are just going to abuse coils. As it was and ever shall be.

Kanger make cartos, they get great reviews from 'Muricans. Consistent reviews from former Boge-hounds, seems they might be worth a try?

Ya just had a look on UKVapers there and seems a few people happy with the Kangers all right. Never bothered to try them before.

There is definitely an increase in bogey boges,but its strange,because a number of people never seem to have an issue,maybe they're just lucky with the particular type of juice they use or maybe who knows and the who and the anyways.So true about the darker juices though.

I'll give these skangers a try and if they are any good I'll refrain from calling them skangers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm on and off with Boge's - sometimes they can be so nice, give great flavour and vapour and TH all at once, but then other times the vape seem too dry, sticky, not pleasant - I don't know how it's so different with the same juice, fresh cart? I use the condom method to start, then drop in as required after. I do that for each and every one. It is the best and quickest way to get all that material soaked.

But when you start getting that dry mouth vape ... it's not good.

• Advertisement

I think theyre lucky with the boxes they get, probably just a matter of time :P

I looked at the 4 duds that came out of the box today and they all have very little filler in them. Normally the filler is right up by the bottom of the drip tip, these id say the filler barely comes half way up the carto. Im tempted to open up a good one and bad one and have a look :P

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Just started using a couple of boges, i thought the tank setup with them looks a bit nicer soon a mod. I thought i was doing it wrong wheni had to drip, wait,drip, mop wait...etc.

I wonder are they serviceable? like clean and re-use or can you re-wick them?

You can boil the cartos to clean them, boil them for ten minutes, rinse, boil them again, when the water is clean stuff them with paper and you can get a few more days out of each carto, well maybe just one day or more, depending. I have done that with 801 fusion cartos which were fantastic and i had to get from America. Wouldnt bother with standard boges.

You can clean cartomizers but I reckon its a lot of bother especially considering how much they cost.

There is no doubt that Boges are sketchy.I've had boxes with 4/5 duds,but I've also began to minimise the damage by generally only using clear/clearish liquids.Due to personal experience and advice given here,I find it works best for me.

I can get a week or more using Cigarrillos,whereas if I use something like Virginia Prime the carto is busted within a day:eek:

In the coming weeks I'm gonna try out the Innokin and Skangeroonies and see how they pan out.

EDIT;I need to force myself to try this other CE2 'tank carto' after the experience the first time around,but I will...sshhhh! cant you here the sound of perseverance???....or is that perversion?...can never tell the difference :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

How many mls does a boge hold? I'd go through 2ml on a T2 on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

You'd want a tank with it, if you use the XL boge with a tank to fit, you get at least 5 ml in there, more if you've presoaked the cart.

I'm investigating the Boges for my girlfriend, and she wants something neat and tidy, with little or no throat hit. Don't want her to have to start fiddling with tanks either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

They're cheap enough to get one and try it out, I would be weary of burning the filler or dry hits when using one without a tank though.

With a tank they perform very, very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Boge claim 1.4ml with the xl, but I have my doubts. In my experience I would get about 8 drops into it after getting a dry hit.

At 8 drops you'd be better with a dripper....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

jamie72 wrote: »
    At 8 drops you'd be better with a dripper....

Probably :-)

How many mls does a boge hold? I'd go through 2ml on a T2 on a night out.

A standard Boge will take 0.9ml according to the manufacturer.I use them on their own from time to time,but they're really best suited to a tank setup.If she doesn't like TH,then she's better off looking into other options.

A standard Boge will take 0.9ml according to the manufacturer.I use them on their own from time to time,but they're really best suited to a tank setup.If she doesn't like TH,then she's better off looking into other options.

Like?

Like?

The ladies seem to be drawn to the evod,probably more to do with the optional colours than its effectiveness.
    I'd recommend that or something like a Vision Nova mini or the iSmoka BCC mini.All available at your local TBS.

The throathit from the T3s is making her gag and the evod uses the same head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lower nic juices, more VG, wider airholes, lower voltage/higher resistance?

I had an old ego cart and atty lying around and that didn't make her gag, but was too weak, hence my reason for wanting to try carts. She'll be trying the carts on Thursday, so we'll see how she gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Lucutus wrote: »
    You'd want a tank with it, if you use the XL boge with a tank to fit, you get at least 5 ml in there, more if you've presoaked the cart.

Lads what's this tank you speak of, recent boge convert here after having leaking gurgling issues with the T2, really like the Boge's, but the only killer is the constant refilling, I use two cartos per juice, have one filled and the fill the other when that runs out, I miss the simplicity of the T2 fill and go. So is there actually a way to increase the capacity of the boge?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Lads what's this tank you speak of, recent boge convert here after having leaking gurgling issues with the T2, really like the Boge's, but the only killer is the constant refilling, I use two cartos per juice, have one filled and the fill the other when that runs out, I miss the simplicity of the T2 fill and go. So is there actually a way to increase the capacity of the boge?

A tank set-up is a cartomizer (Boge etc) that goes into a 'tank' (or clearomizer-alike thing) and it's this set-up that will increase the capacity of a Boge.
    The tank itself holds the majority of the liquid and works in conjunction with the Boge - the Boge is what then 'powers' the device.

Here's a pic

tankcartodct_4.jpg

• Advertisement

Just to second meoklmrk91's request, I'm not familiar with carto/tank setups either. Can you give links to cheap and effective tank systems?

Do the carts taste the same in a tank, as they do on there own as well? (obviously when the cart is full of juice)

EDIT:CSI_Vegas got there just before me.

Advertisement