Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Almighty Boge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

csi vegas wrote: »
    A tank set-up is a cartomizer (Boge etc) that goes into a 'tank' (or clearomizer-alike thing) and it's this set-up that will increase the capacity of a Boge.
    The tank itself holds the majority of the liquid and works in conjunction with the Boge - the Boge is what then 'powers' the device.

Here's a pic

tankcartodct_4.jpg

Hey thanks for that sounds great, would you be able to post some reasonably priced systems that work well if its not too much trouble? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Just to make a point about harsh throat hits. I find if you are using an ego battery, especially with a looser tank its quite common for the tank to get pushed down a bit partially blocking airflow at the top of the connection/bottom of the carto. Which will obviously tighten the draw and create a bigger throat hit. Which can be beneficial as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

This is what I use at the moment -

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/agr.htm

Not sure why they use that picture as the top cap resembles the bottom cap,it doesn't have the knurled design.
    Some people have issues with the AGR regarding flooding and you do need to take a bit of care when filling.I take the top cap off and fill to near-full,I leave about 1-2ml.When replacing the top cap,I take the small screw off and slowly tighten,letting air escape and then replace the screw.Theres loads of info on various forums about the AGR.
    I like the fact it has a locking system that holds the carto in place to avoid any mishaps.its also pretty well made for the price.Just be sure to check the air flow channels on the locking cap are sufficient for proper airflow.

This is what I use at the moment -

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/agr.htm

Not sure why they use that picture as the top cap resembles the bottom cap,it doesn't have the knurled design.
    Some people have issues with the AGR regarding flooding and you do need to take a bit of care when filling.I take the top cap off and fill to near-full,I leave about 1-2ml.When replacing the top cap,I take the small screw off and slowly tighten,letting air escape and then replace the screw.Theres loads of info on various forums about the AGR.
    I like the fact it has a locking system that holds the carto in place to avoid any mishaps.its also pretty well made for the price.Just be sure to check the air flow channels on the locking cap are sufficient for proper airflow.

Nice I think that's the one I'll go for I watched a Pbusardo review and he spoke really highly about it. Is it very big? It must be to fit the boge cartos inside as well as a few mils of liquid. I only have a 650 mah ego twists, I'm happy enough with them, especially since I started with the boge's they least me for ages, sometimes over a day, depending on how heavy I am vaping, but I am just worried they will look seriously top heavy with the tank on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

AGR on eGo

8pivN9M.jpg

UDCT on eGo

177942d1360723519-best-tank-ego-twist-uploadfromtaptalk1360724506062.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Jaysus - that UDCT thing is like Merlins wand on an ego!!

That's the slim UDCT by the way... I think it looks fairly smart. Must be a 1000mAh battery though, you could join the majorettes.

Nice, thanks for the reply, it's pretty big but I'm still gonna go with the AGR, gonna buy one next week and see how it goes. Now for punching cartos, do you guys do it yourselves and if so what tool do your recommend. I noticed that esmoke Ireland don't seem to sell prepunched ones but ezsmoke do so it wouldn't be that hard to get them. Basically any recommendations are much appriciated, thanks.

I found a good junior hacksaw (€6/7?) best, though you can get carto punches from the vendors (€5-15?) or a saddle valve from a hardware store (€5-10?).

This one is expensive but will last for yonks......it's preset too so you turn until the crank stops and you're done.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Kir_Fanis_New_Carto_Puncher/p1274299_6898446.aspx

At 16 euro or so you're probably better to be sure that you're going to go this route in the medium or long term.

There are cheaper options but from what I read, they wear out quickly and require judgement rather than the preset one like I've linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

This http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221008167221 works as a superb carto punch and also autostops like the more expensive dedicated punches.

That UDCT with that drip tip actually made me laugh, it really is like a wand. Actually kind of looks like the ISmoka BCC Mini there. I like it.
    I think most carto tanks are shorter than the Kanger clearos arent they? I have no clearos anymore so cant check, but remember thinking - "Jesus, this looks ridiculous" while i was using a T3 on an ego twist 900. Huge! :p

I will say the AGR with the longer tube and the XL cartos is massive, I am down to my last carto at the mo which is an XL and its on an Evic with standard tube and it looks ridiculously big.

grindle wrote: »
    I found a good junior hacksaw (€6/7?) best, though you can get carto punches from the vendors (€5-15?) or a saddle valve from a hardware store (€5-10?).
    This one is expensive but will last for yonks......it's preset too so you turn until the crank stops and you're done.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Kir_Fanis_New_Carto_Puncher/p1274299_6898446.aspx

At 16 euro or so you're probably better to be sure that you're going to go this route in the medium or long term.

There are cheaper options but from what I read, they wear out quickly and require judgement rather than the preset one like I've linked.
    Ionised wrote: »
    This http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221008167221 works as a superb carto punch and also autostops like the more expensive dedicated punches.

Thanks guys, plenty to think about there, I might just pick up a saddle valve in the short term as it can be gotten locally or the one off eBay and then get a decent one down the road if I continue on the cartos and tanks, had trouble with the t2 which is why I switched so don't want to be buying anything too expensive to start out.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Very disappointed to find out that the ego cone doesn't fit over the boge carto! Just a hair too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

jamie72 wrote: »
    Very disappointed to find out that the ego cone doesn't fit over the boge carto! Just a hair too small.

Run the top of the cone over some sand paper, it'll widen the hole as it sands down...

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Oh I am going to sand/drill it. I was just surprised the boge was too big by default. A hair off and it'd fit perfectly.

Positive change with Boges, bought a few pre-punched (only LR steel boges i could find strangely, I do not like pre-punched) cartos and filled 3 tanks, all 3 working perfectly. Bloody oddball things Boges. Of course my next five could be useless but anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

jamie72 wrote: »

Stick a scissors into the top of it and ream it out. A few turns should do it.

KANGER CARTOMIZER

Not impressed.Flavour was ok and the throat hit was non-existent using a 50#50pg~vg 18mg and an 80#20 pg~vg 18mg juice.
    Draw is a good bit tighter than a Boge,due to the horizontal coil which partly blocks the airflow,reminded me of the draw from a cigarette.

It didnt last as long as a Boge using the ultra gunky Virginia Prime(I've stopped using it in cartos,but wanted to make a comparison).
    The only real positive I experienced was how absorbent the filler material is,it really sucks up the juice making filling that bit easier.

So I'm disappointed in its longevity,flavour and TH,but impressed by the filler material.
    I'll do a Pee.Bastardo and give it a thumbs down.

I tried the other CE2 'tank carto' with an 80#20 juice this time and although it did work better,with less dry/burnt hits it still flooded,so its a 2 fingers instead of a thumbs down.

Well I reckon these are next inline http://pink-mule.com/mizersvaeske/cartomizere/tank-cartomizere?product_id=7976605

They're either gonna work well or flood like crazy.

• Advertisement

The innokin cartos are pretty good actually. Long length though and I needed a 510-510 adaptor to get a decent draw but they were pretty good!

Yeah Im gonna give them a go.Bit of a shame they dont have stainless option or even a smaller size.

Advertisement