Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a travel buddy in June to head down under

Options
  • 22-04-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I am heading to Australia in June for approx 3 months. I am going on my own to melbourne to go subbing for a teaching agency. Anyone else going out around the same time, family a bit concerned if I go alone.

pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 galwaygurls

Anybody???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mc1983

Hi

I am heading to Australia in June for approx 3 months. I am going on my own to melbourne to go subbing for a teaching agency. Anyone else going out around the same time, family a bit concerned if I go alone.

pm me.

Youl be grand.. No one will touch ye. Tell yer family to settle. Urrr not the only one has traveled on her own befre. And 90% a them r allxstill alive. Shud all sit down n watch wolfcreek together before ye go lol.. Thats wat i did befre i went. And over a year later am still aliveeeee :-0 .. Creepy

Mod No txt spk please ... use your keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LTM

Hi galwaygurl, I am just wondering are you a primary or secondary teacher? As I am hoping to do the same thing as you.

I'm secondary.have a job offer. Have till Monday to decide weather to take it. So confused, don't know what to do as my other half isn't ready to leave yet.stressful time. What's your story?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

Just to let let you know my daughter went on her own and I was a bit alarmed but all went fine. she met lots of people and had no problems. I went to the cinema on my own to cheer myself up on her departure and I went to Taken! Not a great choice. Some times you have to jump in and it works out go for it and worst thing you won't like it and you return
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement

I am primary and think I am going to head in the summer. Wow, you are so lucky to have an offer before you even leave. It is a fantastic opportunity for you. By the sounds of it there are so many Irish over there and you can always come home if you don't like it.

Suppose..not up to date with primary teaching requirements but think you might have to get registered. Takes approx 6 weeks or so. Agency work with suit you initially. Are you only going for the summer, or maybe longer if things work out. Do you have any areas in mind?

Want to go for a year. thinking of heading to Brisbane first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sparklyEyes111

LTM wrote: »
    Want to go for a year. thinking of heading to Brisbane first anyway.

I am also primary trained and will be heading out in August! :) Yes the registration procedure takes a long time and a lot of forms. . get started asap!! Remember, there are lots of seperate boards you have to register with!! Just to warn you I hear Brisbane hasn't much teaching work. . I've researched. Sydney and WA are the best options. . I'm off to Sydney!! Secondary is different again, I hear it's Melbourne and WA that want secondary teachers . not so much in Sydney!

If you need any help PM me! I had to figure out everything by myself. . there is a lot involved in getting registered!! though Brisbane will be a different area I believe, so it will be different than me getting registered for NSW! If you want to move district you have to re register all over again. . that's why id double check if Brisbane the best option for you, I really have been told its tough to get teaching work there!!

Advertisement