Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with curry

Options
  • 22-04-2013 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

I make a chicken curry once a week sometimes powder and somtimes the ones out of the jar but everytime i get the same problem regardless of make/type of curry.

I usually make enough to do 2/3 meals meaning there is enough left over to bring to work later that evening or next day.I've left them on the counter and in the fridge and every time i go back to them the plate is covered in water.I have to actually drain off the water before i can eat the curry.Is there anyway to stop this.Thanks

I usually put in 4/5 chicken fillets,mushrooms,onions,mixed peppers and garlic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Chances are it's the chicken fillets that are holding water, they are notorious for being plumped up with water. Consider buying your chicken elsewhere or else maybe using chicken thighs or other on the bone cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cover the curry with a cloth or kitchen paper while it is cooling. This will help reduce the amount of condensation forming.

Advertisement