Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve sky eye picture on saorview tv

Options
  • 22-04-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I recently purchased a TV that has saorview built into it and I have a sky eye connected to it. However the picture isnt great, not trebble but not the best, the picture is abit fuzzy but the colour is ok. I get the sky eye by switching from air (saorview) to cable in the tv settings in the menu

Anyone have any ideas on how to improve this??
    Any help would mean alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The sky eye is just a device that lets you control the sky box over a coaxial cable. If I understand you correctly you have a sky box in one room, with your aerial connection going in to the RF input, and one of the RF outs connecting to your Saorview tv in another room? With the Sky eye at the second tv? If that's the case you should be selecting 'aerial' when tuning in the Sky box in the other room. Can you receive Saorview correctly, and the problem is just with the Sky channels? Try unplugging the Sky eye from the second tv and plugging the cable from the sky box directly into the second tv and retuning with aerial selected, if that works try plugging the Sky eye back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Ya I have a sky box in my sitting room and a saorview tele in my bedroom. Im getting my saorview channels perfectly its just that the sky channel is a bit fuzzy is all, id say its about 85% perfect if u get me. ok il try that

Failing that make sure the connection is solid, connectors not hanging off ete. Could be worth changing the Sky output channel, in services I think, it's been a while since I've tuned anything!

The Sky eye uses an RF connection. This is the worst possible method unfortunately. You could try to change the UHF output channel in the installer menu on the Sky box but there's only so far you could take it.

Karsini wrote: »
    The Sky eye uses an RF connection. This is the worst possible method unfortunately. You could try to change the UHF output channel in the installer menu on the Sky box but there's only so far you could take it.

I think its called a sky eye anyway? I can only view the channel that is currently on on the sky box in the sitting room..how would I go about changing the UHF?

• Advertisement

It defaults to UHF channel 68, ideally you'd want a channel which is not in use by Saorview in your area, or close to one.

On HD boxes you change it by pressing Services, 0, 0, 1, Select and selecting the RF Outputs option. Enter a channel number between 21 and 68 (don't change any other settings in there), then retune the bedroom TV to the channel you selected. It may not work, but it's something to try at least.

shaneb92 wrote: »
    I think its called a sky eye anyway? I can only view the channel that is currently on on the sky box in the sitting room..how would I go about changing the UHF?

You would probably only need to do this if you have other devices using the same channels. Do you have a VCR or other set top box for instance? If you do try disconnecting them and just having the sky box connected directly, only sky and your tvs in the system.

TheChizler wrote: »
    You would probably only need to do this if you have other devices using the same channels. Do you have a VCR or other set top box for instance? If you do try disconnecting them and just having the sky box connected directly, only sky and your tvs in the system.

No I dont have any other device connected to my tele

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Satellite

Karsini wrote: »
    It defaults to UHF channel 68, ideally you'd want a channel which is not in use by Saorview in your area, or close to one.

On HD boxes you change it by pressing Services, 0, 0, 1, Select and selecting the RF Outputs option. Enter a channel number between 21 and 68 (don't change any other settings in there), then retune the bedroom TV to the channel you selected. It may not work, but it's something to try at least.

Tryed changing it to 60 , 50 no luck

• Advertisement

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Tryed changing it to 60 , 50 no luck

Gave it one more go and set it to 35, its perfect now, thanks for all the help

Advertisement