Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant connect to router after factory reset

• 22-04-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I have bought a used Netgear router WNR3500v2. I've done a factory reset, connected via ethernet and fired up 192.168.1.1

I'm prompted for user name and password and enter the factory default of admin/password but cant log in - any suggestions? I've tried various other combinations just in case to no avail. and I'm trying to contact the supplier for advice..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

• Are you connected to the correct port of the router, if memory serves me correctly you must be connected to either port 1 or 4 on some routers.
    • Are you sure you have done a factory reset, did you try the old password?
    • Try factory reset again and see how you get on.

If that don't work I suggest drink, well that's what i'd do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

Thanks Big Lar. I tried multiple forms of hard reset including the 30/30/30 rule. I found a site that listed a number of options and tried them all to no avail. The router is a used item bought off ebay.de !

I contacted the supplier this morning who now tells me the password is "draadloos" which google says is the Dutch word for wireless!! (The back of the router says admin/password) - Did they expect me to guess this?

Will try it tonight and see how I get on! Fingers crossed! Failing this I understand its possible to do a forced upgrade of the firmware to dd-wrt by pushing it to the router on startup, which should let me use the dd-wrt default login

Advertisement