Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Options for my website

• 22-04-2013 9:08pm

Hi guys,

I've started a freelance career and so I'd like to have my own website. I do have web design experience but from a loooong time ago and I haven't really kept up to date with the whole business.

I'd like to have a 'web card' kind of site - something very basic which explains who I am, what I do and includes a 'contact me' form for prospective clients. Ideally I'd like to do it all myself, since I really don't have the cash to pay someone else to do it. I'd also ideally like to get my own domain name, although that's not 100% essential at this stage.

Any ideas about what I could do? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Get a Wordpress.com site and buy the "Domain Mapping" and "No Ads" premium upgrades. Total cost USD 43 per year plus domain registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've started a freelance career and so I'd like to have my own website. I do have web design experience but from a loooong time ago and I haven't really kept up to date with the whole business.

I'd like to have a 'web card' kind of site - something very basic which explains who I am, what I do and includes a 'contact me' form for prospective clients. Ideally I'd like to do it all myself, since I really don't have the cash to pay someone else to do it. I'd also ideally like to get my own domain name, although that's not 100% essential at this stage.

Any ideas about what I could do? Any help appreciated.

Wordpress!!!. ;) see im embracing the change :)

Advertisement