Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab 9-3

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

First off have AXA started taking safety into account when giving insurance quotes for young driver's. As it seem's safer car's according to euro ncap are come with lower insurance premiums. Anyway saab 9-3 any owner's who would like to comment on reliability part's cost's after closure and where to get them repaired.

Saab 9-3 1.8i

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cianmg

well if it is a GM engine i take there is nothing mechanically wrong with the engine
    It is also on the GM Epsilon platform http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Epsilon_platform
    so i take most of the component's are fine i would say the only bad thing could be build quality so any opinion's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I wouldn't get the 1.8i one anyway.

They don't hold a great re sale value so you should pick up a good spec one no bother.

I had one which had loads of issues but poor servicing by myself was partly to blame. I also had an issue with the throttle it's a fly by wire system.

Lovely car to drive and very comfortable. I'd buy one again but it'd be an aero model :)

Oh yeah you'll have a load on saying enjoy your Opel true they share parts but they're totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do a search, the 93 has come up a few times lately.

Advertisement