Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get mold off pram seats and highchairs

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Anybody got a good tip for cleaning black mold spots from the plastic fabric used in strollers and high chairs? Also any tips to clean the woven straps?
    I have tried using the likes of cif and laundry stain removers but to no avail. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Anybody got a good tip for cleaning black mold spots from the plastic fabric used in strollers and high chairs? Also any tips to clean the woven straps?
    I have tried using the likes of cif and laundry stain removers but to no avail. Thanks!

For the straps I always find soaking them overnight in washing powder then wash them off with hot water with shower hose(turned onto strong flow) I haven't tried it with mould but with a whole array of colours from dinners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Gee_G wrote: »
    For the straps I always find soaking them overnight in washing powder then wash them off with hot water with shower hose(turned onto strong flow) I haven't tried it with mould but with a whole array of colours from dinners :)

Must try that while leaving them on the highchair, im sure they can be taken off but they dont seem like they are meant to be taken off. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't know about mould but I usually just take everything of and throw it into the washing machine and wash on one of the gentler cycles. The straps come off with a bit of an effort on my high chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I found someone in america who suggested spraying with a lemon juice solution and leaving it in the sunshine(!) and it worked.

It would have been last Oct so there wasnt much sun but after 3 hrs, it was gone. It was a few spots on the back of a buggy.

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Mildew-from-a-Stroller

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lebbo1

Gee_G wrote: »

sorry for butting in but I would not recommend to steep car seat straps in any chemicals and even soak them in water at all. I would read up on manufacturers instructions first before trying any chemicals on straps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement