Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling center - battery disposal

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

i have a few batteries to get rid of, anyone know if there's any recycling center near/in town that will take them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

If they are small batteries lidl take them there is blue box's behind the tills at the window you can put them on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Are they car batteries that you have to get rid of Sir Digby?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nah, torch batteries. 2-3 times the width of a normal AA. ill keep an eye out for the recycling boxes in shops

nah, torch batteries. 2-3 times the width of a normal AA. ill keep an eye out for the recycling boxes in shops

I remember seeing the blue boxes but can't remember where I saw them. ;) That was a remarkably helpful comment:o

If they were car batteries, my neighbour collects them for the dump, I would probably have collected them off you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

don't have a car :) if I was over burdened with car batteries that'd be a strange state of affairs

• Advertisement

don't have a car :) if I was over burdened with car batteries that'd be a strange state of affairs

You could be a collector. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I've seen them in Aldi and in Superquinn. Both on the way out I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Seems you can just bring them for free to any retailer that sells the same type of battery, and there's no obligation to buy.

http://www.weeeireland.ie/consumers.htm
    Consumers can bring used batteries and accumulators to Retailers free of charge as long as the batteries and accumulators are of equivalent type available to purchase from the premises. There is no requirement for a purchase to be made.

Retailers may limit any one consumer to 5kgs of battery returns at any one time and may refuse to accept any waste portable battery leaking any of its constituent materials.

Consumers can also bring their used batteries and accumulators to their local Civic Amenity centres for recycling free of charge.

Advertisement