Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig accommodation

Options
  • 22-04-2013 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

I am starting work in barrack square, ballincollig in June. I'm from Galway and I am looking for house shares. I have looked all through rent.ie and daft etc. but couldn't find an en suite within walking distance. I don't have a car yet. I don't mind living in cork city but I was quite confused looking at the bus timetable to ballincollig. Doesn't every bus to ballincollig stop at the town centre? Is there any other sources than rent.ie or daft for finding accommodation in ballincollig?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I had a quick look, there's one in carrignara which would be easy walking distance to barrack square, beech park would be as well. Ballincollig might be more compact that you think maybe?

The housing stock in some of the areas might be a bit oldish, so an ensuite may be restricting you a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mysteries12

Orite, how long will it take to get to barrack square from carrignarra if ur walking? I'm also trying to see if I can contact 2other people who are starting at the same time as me to see if there is any chance of lift share etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It's maybe about 1.5k, so ~1 mile. What speed do you walk? At a fairly laid back stroll it's a 15 minute walk. 5 minute cycle. Go up past supernova, onto the main street and into barrack square.

Or maybe slightly faster, you could walk through the grass walkway in Cranford Pines, through beech park and castlepark... but castlepark can be a bit dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

99.9% of the buses from the City to Ballincollig will stop in the town centre, the one exception is the 1300 departure which takes the back road using station cross. The timetable is frustratingly vague about this, but I assure you they do serve the town centre.

Ya I walk fairly fast. I have given up on my dream of finding an ensuite. I have now contacted 2 landlords. The houses r just 5 or 10mins walk to Joyce house. So might go and view it ASAP!

Although I'm bit concerned about sharing in an owner occupied house! Any advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pafro

Will you start at VMware?
    They have a company bus from the city that is shared with EMC. The bus is for free.
    In addition to that there is a public bus driving every 15-20 minutes from the City to Ballincollig.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1316184312-232.pdf

I'm not starting at VMware. But anyway I hav finally found a house within 5mins walk to work in ballincollig. Sharing with landlady but she seems nice enough!

Advertisement