Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silicon Valley Transition Year Work Experience

Options
  • 22-04-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am currently a third year student, weighing up my options for transition year. Basically I am really interested in it and computers and thinking about places where I will do my work experience in ty. I want to do something different. I am thinking about heading to the states and doing it with a company in Silicon Valley.. I have a few contacts that are very high up.. Mangers and directors etc with the likes of apple yahoo and a few others. Am I mad, am I crazy or would it be an experience of lifetime? Like I have the contacts and to have that on my cv would like great.

I have looked this into detail and understand high school students undertake job shadowing which the equivalent to what the transition year work experience programme is. I really would appreciate people's views and thoughts. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Go for it. If you have the opportunity to do that then 100% go for it. You will not regret it.

It's the number 1 place to be working if you want to go into that field.

It's a beautiful area too. Experience of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 340michael

BloodBath wrote: »
    Go for it. If you have the opportunity to do that then 100% go for it. You will not regret it.

It's the number 1 place to be working if you want to go into that field.

It's a beautiful area too. Experience of a lifetime.

Thanks for getting back to me. You don't think it's an absolutely crazy mad idea do you? Like I have a contact not the most direct like my dads friends sister who works in apple I think or yahoo. Is it a great opportunity? You don't think there actually would be a problem doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No more crazy than an internship anywhere else. Just farther from home. You'd want to begin pursuing the matter sooner rather than later.

Advertisement