Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running track in Kilbogget Park

Options
  • 22-04-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭

I was once told by my uncle that they meant to build that running track somewhere else, and by some circumstance it ended up in kilbogget. Does any athletics club use?

I've lived very near it my whole life and never seen anyone really use it properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

I don't know much about it but it does appear to be a fairly basic standard facility. I always figured that it had been thrown together using superfluous council budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Supposedly there was an athletics club thrown together not so long ago in cabinteely so I assume they would be using it.
    You see a fair amount of joggers on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

watch out for the undulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

where abouts is it?

I know the playground & the football / rugby club - is it near there?
    or maybe it's down by the tennis club?

Just never noticed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

frash wrote: »
    where abouts is it?

I know the playground & the football / rugby club - is it near there?
    or maybe it's down by the tennis club?

Just never noticed it

As you look at the rugby pitch from the car park, it is way over in the far left corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's behind the esso petrol station on the n11 side of the park. Like it's not a great track at all, I'm just somewhat amazed it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I see the odd person run on it, pretty boring so I expect many just run on the tarmac track. On sports days I have seen lines painted on it, so presume kids use it. The sandy small gravel means the lines do not last long.

Google maps call it out as "cabinteely athletic club running track"

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Kilbogget+Park,+Dublin&hl=en&ll=53.255679,-6.141046&spn=0.002725,0.006968&sll=53.3834,-8.21775&sspn=11.139078,28.54248&oq=kilbogett+park+dubli&t=h&hq=Kilbogget+Park,&hnear=Dublin,+County+Dublin&z=18

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Cabinteely athletic club use it

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Ste_D

Does anyone know the length of the track?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ste_D wrote: »

It is a standard 400 metre running track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ste_D wrote: »
    It is a standard 400 metre running track.

With a Football pitch in the middle of it

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

Hey guys,
    I've been looking for a track close to where I live (Near Sandyford Village) and Kilboggert seems to be the closest. The problem is, I like to run early, at around 6am. Is there sufficient lighting down there at that time of the morning in the winter or should I go somewhere else? I'd prefer not to have to wear a head light thing. Also, where can I park for this track?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I don't think it is lit. Easiest place to park is in the Esso garage on the N11 just after Cabinteely village as you are heading south. Entrance to the park is a small bit up towards Cabinteely itself, and the track is beside this entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

Thanks RosieJoe. I might take a spin down this evening for a look.

Advertisement