Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea Pensioner

• 22-04-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am doing some family history and I am looking where to find information about a Great-Great-Gran-Uncle who served in WWI with the Connaught Rangers. Later on he was in-pension at the Royal Hospital in Chelsea.
    Where would I locate his service record etc?

bp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

If you contact Sam Cameron on Facebook;
    https://www.facebook.com/sam.cameron.583?fref=ts

and tell him your query he may be able to help you, he is a Chelsea Pensioner from the North and lives in the Royal Hospital.
    Other avenues open to you are Findmypast and Ancestry or a visit to the Public Records Office in Kew, Kent.
    Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Thanks very much enfield (tom)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

If you have not already looked at Ancestry, if you PM me his details I can check for any records.
    Regards,
    KK.

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Arist

Search the net for Great war forum and join for free. Post his details there and you will be very surprised what might turn up.

• Advertisement

Thanks Artist, got some great info from kabakuyu on ancestry.com

Advertisement